Non-motoring > OK I'm Bored....Kuwait Air Force. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 6

OK I'm Bored....Kuwait Air Force. - R.P.

ICAO: 706217
Model Code: C17
Operator: Kuwait Air Force
Model: Boeing C-17A Globemaster III
Callsign: KAF3220
Route:
Speed: 118.0 kts
Altitude:

On Freeradar this morning, just landed at Newcastle...I wonder why.
 OK I'm Bored....Kuwait Air Force. - Zero
The bottom is falling out of the toilet roll bubble, the Emir is here to dump his investment.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 1 Apr 20 at 09:22
 OK I'm Bored....Kuwait Air Force. - tyrednemotional
The sheikh is going to self-isolate in his second home in Byker, but he's brought his concubines with him just in case. ;-)
 OK I'm Bored....Kuwait Air Force. - legacylad
He’ll be partying on his own down the Bigg Market come Friday
 OK I'm Bored....Kuwait Air Force. - sherlock47
If you track this on FR24 it shows up oddly - either there is more than one plane or the software has got confused.

Can anybody else interpret the tracks?

Also before the initial landing the aircraft was held in circles to the SE - almost as though nobody was expecting it or they had not previously had clearance? Not congestion, as there were not many other aircraft landing.
 OK I'm Bored....Kuwait Air Force. - smokie
Maybe they'd gone on a coffee break.

Reminds me that many years ago I went on a tour of West Drayton Air Traffic Control one evening., a few years before the new place down south was opened (in fact the controller mate who fixed the tour was one of those who was seconded to get the new place up and running technically).

Fascinating but unfortunately I got a call halfway round that my Dad had been taken ill so I had to leave without finishing the tour.
 OK I'm Bored....Kuwait Air Force. - sherlock47
For anybody else who looks landing between 8.00 and 08.15 GMT

Erroneous tracks now gone so I guess dirty software? when playing fast on playback.
Latest Forum Posts