Non-motoring > Following a court case Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 11

Following a court case - bathtub tom
Guess this could be one for Bromp.

A friend without much internet experience has asked if I could keep an eye on proceedings of someone charged. They were remanded in custody at Brighton magistrates until today.
Are there any court lists I could find on line to see what's happening?
 Following a court case - Bromptonaut
Finding stuff in Magistrates is a bit of a needle/haystack job!!.
 Following a court case - Bromptonaut
Nothing I can find other than what's evident from Google search.
 Following a court case - Fullchat
Unless the press are all over it or you attend in person its not easy to keep abreast of court proceedings.
It was widely reported at the time they were remanded. I guess my best bet is to keep an eye with google?
 Following a court case - Manatee
You can set up Google alerts. And refine those searches to cut down on the number of results.

You probably already use some of these...

www.lifehack.org/articles/technology/20-tips-use-google-search-efficiently.html

The one I probably use most is a hyphen (minus) in front of a word to exclude searches that contain that word.
 Following a court case - No FM2R
>>I guess my best bet is to keep an eye with google?

Google the local rag. They often include basic court reports.
 Following a court case - Crankcase
Talking of googling newspapers, if anyone is interested in history, there is endless entertainment to be found here.

news.google.com/newspapers

I spent a happy hour this morning reading the Montreal Gazette from 1946. Nice little Churchill piece, a little David Niven anecdote, couple of book reviews from books I actually knew and have copies of, and an advert for buffalo with red cabbage for ten cents at the local cafe.

Couldn't be happier.

#makinthemostoflockdown
Found it. They were up before Portsmouth crown court today. Case heard remotely via Skype and teleconferencing. Trial fixed for August.
Guess they weren't given bail.
 Following a court case - Falkirk Bairn
Crown Court - must be serious charges

On remand appeared on Skype from prison - must have form especially as they are releasing prisoner early as the CV has hundreds of prisoners and staff infected

Further remanded for 3 months definitely have previous history of serious charges / flight risk etc
>>Further remanded for 3 months definitely have previous history of serious charges / flight risk etc

Don't know about previous, but also wanted in USA who put UK on alert and they were collared within24 hours.
 Following a court case - Falkirk Bairn
Whatever the charges he/she will be better off being sentenced here - out at 50% time
In the US they do much longer sentences and early release is not as generous.
Latest Forum Posts