Non-motoring > Deportation of man with HIV to Zimbabwe blocked Company Cars
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 12

Deportation of man with HIV to Zimbabwe blocked - No FM2R
This is exactly the sort of crap which gives so much ammunition to the bigoted.

He came here as a teenager, is not a British citizen, has an extensive criminal record but he cannot be deported because he is HIV positive and he may not get the best medical treatment at home in Zimbabwe.

Well he should have b***** thought of that before repeatedly breaking the law when he was here as a guest.

He should be kicked out.

www.bbc.com/news/uk-52470783
 Deportation of man with HIV to Zimbabwe blocked - sooty123
'The offender has fought deportation for 14 years '

Wow, that seems incredible.
 Deportation of man with HIV to Zimbabwe blocked - Haywain
"This is exactly the sort of crap which gives so much ammunition to the bigoted."

But it's OK for you to say that he should be deported because you aren't a bigot.
You are quite correct, I am not a bigot. Thank you for pointing it out, but rather stating the obvious, don't you think?
 Deportation of man with HIV to Zimbabwe blocked - Zero
I'm not sure that supporting the deportation of a convicted recidivist criminal to their home country is bigotry. Hold on I am sure, - its not by any definition.

Some however will use this case to support bigoted beliefs.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 29 Apr 20 at 20:45
>>Some however will use this case to support bigoted beliefs.

Oh yes, they certainly will. Good job there's nobody like that around here.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 29 Apr 20 at 21:10
 Deportation of man with HIV to Zimbabwe blocked - legacylad
That’ll be me. I have a very very strong dislike of do as you likeys.
 Deportation of man with HIV to Zimbabwe blocked - Haywain
"Some however will use this case to support bigoted beliefs."

But it's against the decision of the European Court of Human Rights to deport the poor chap. It would be inhumane to deport him, have a heart!
 Deportation of man with HIV to Zimbabwe blocked - Zero
>> "Some however will use this case to support bigoted beliefs."
>>
>> But it's against the decision of the European Court of Human Rights to deport the
>> poor chap. It would be inhumane to deport him, have a heart!

well we should leave the EU then. Damn ECHR, who the buck do they think they are.

Oh wait a mo, As its nothing to do with the Eu, we will still be in it.

Deportation of man with HIV to Zimbabwe blocked - Terry
Obviously not a credit to himself nor an asset to society. But I am not clear whether he is here illegally or has a right to remain.

If the former he should be deported - I have no sympathy for his predicament. I guess his wife and child could either follow or remain here.

If the latter, I am not sure there is anything to differentiate him from a UK citizen in terms of his rights.
 Deportation of man with HIV to Zimbabwe blocked - Bromptonaut
Quite an interesting case with a long history. The Supreme Court decision and a summary are here:

www.supremecourt.uk/cases/docs/uksc-2018-0048-judgment.pdf

www.supremecourt.uk/cases/docs/uksc-2018-0048-press-summary.pdf

He came here aged 13 and was given indefinite leave to remain. After a string of offences the Home Office sought to deport him. There is a suggestion in the decision that if they'd moved decisively earlier he'd have been gone long ago.

He's tried to resist deportation based on the right family limb of the Human Rights Convention but has latterly swapped horses and now pleads the article about inhuman and degrading treatment. There is apparently a recent Strasbourg case that may be helpful to him.

There must still be doubt as to whether he can actually sustain that argument as the case has been remitted back to the First-tier Tribunal for it to look again in light of relevant medical evidence.
 Deportation of man with HIV to Zimbabwe blocked - Lygonos

I expect he'll get booted once his case has been "looked at again".

Otherwise sets a precedent for scumbags to get HIV to prevent deportation, similar to scumbags thunking out children while awaiting extradition hoping the "right to family" clause will protect them (which it won't).

As Z says - nowt to do with being in the EU.
>>has a right to remain.

>>If the latter, I am not sure there is anything to differentiate him from a UK citizen in terms of his rights.

"Right to remain" and "leave to remain" are quite different.
Latest Forum Posts