Non-motoring > Youtube - something to watch Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 7

Youtube - something to watch - Zero
I'm a bit of a fan of late 40's to early 60's black and white war films, specially of a navy/submarine bent, The Cruel Sea being probably the pinnacle of this genre. (Snorkers! good O!)

Though I knew them all, but came across one I had never seen, didnt know it existed.

Sailor of the King.

At just over an hour and 20 minutes long, it replaces BGT perfectly

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kK8CXG63Bo&list=PL6WFgtORzhIwYwRLxStDJ0MUnwlHzXuEM

Youtube - something to watch - Crankcase
On a similar note, on Amazon Prime I've just discovered they have a whole bunch of "non fiction" war films, from recent documentaries to period propaganda films. Not all are from the allies, either.

Just watched the three episodes about the war in the Pacific, which uses period Japanese film as well as American, for example.
 Youtube - something to watch - zippy
>>Sailor of the King

A good film. It was on one of the satellite movie channels a few years ago.

Does the YouTube version have both endings?

As a bit of trivia is stars Jeffrey Hunter who went on to become Captain Christopher Pike in Star Trek.
 Youtube - something to watch - zippy
Missed the edit...

>>Sailor of King

There are some absolute classics in that period, war, drama and comedy and much more cutting to the bone than we have today.

I occasionally try to get the kids to watch a film from that era when I can and they moan at first but are usually surprised that they enjoyed it!
 Youtube - something to watch - Zero
>> Does the YouTube version have both endings?

NO, But I wont tell you which version.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 5 May 20 at 18:46
 Youtube - something to watch - devonite
Zed Phoenix

uk legislation changes (infectious dieseases 1984) amended 20-4-20

;-)
Last edited by: devonite on Thu 7 May 20 at 16:39
 Youtube - something to watch - R.P.
Two "wartime" films do it for me. The Cruel Sea and Ice Cold in Alex. The books, I found, are also absolutely brilliant. ICIA is particularly better than the movies, but I still love both flms.
 Youtube - something to watch - MD
Where Eagles Dare. Mary Ure. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
Latest Forum Posts