Non-motoring > Silver Cloud Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 8

Silver Cloud - Zero
CV has a bonus after all.

Got this email today

WORLD HEALTH

Hi, You have been chosen to receive a grant of ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND UNITED STATE DOLLARS ONLY from WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION for the fight against (Covid-19) Pandemic, this to enable living and purchase of basic entities during this period of isolation and lockdown of nations. Send your reply for more details.
Best Regards,
Mrs Michelle Limann
Chief Director

the reply to address is

remittance_ecowas@consultant.com

I think Mark has set up a new cash flow.
 Silver Cloud - R.P.
Fair play.
 Silver Cloud - tyrednemotional
>>
>> I think Mark has set up a new cash flow.
>>
>>

Shhhhh. Not many people know that "Michelle" is his weekend name....
 Silver Cloud - Manatee
Truth is almost as strange as fiction.

We got an email from the 'Community Partnerships Assistant' of the local authority on 1 May, telling us (actually the village hall, of which the boss is treasurer) that we could probably get a £10,000 'COVID-19 Business Support Grant'.

For not much more trouble than a phone call, the £10,000 was already in the account yesterday.
 Silver Cloud - maltrap
All i get is one telling me to renew my tv license. I get about one a month, reporting it as phishing doesn't have any effect.
 Silver Cloud - Duncan
>> All i get is one telling me to renew my tv license. I get about
>> one a month, reporting it as phishing doesn't have any effect.

Even in these difficult times, I don't think standards should be allowed to slip. So here goes-

Pedant Corner.

You haven't got a TV license. I know you don't want a licence, but you couldn't buy a TV license even if you tried. Because it isn't licenSe, it's licenCe.

Phew! That's better!
 Silver Cloud - No FM2R
It's also not technically a television licence.
 Silver Cloud - maltrap
Thanks for the correction Duncan.

What would we do without you.
 Silver Cloud - No FM2R
Speak less betterer.
Latest Forum Posts