Non-motoring > Ryanair Refund Miscellaneous
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 5

Ryanair Refund - maltrap
At last, received refund from Ryanair today for our flight that should have happened on 10th March. How long we have to wait for our May flights Gord only knows!
 Ryanair Refund - neiltoo
Guess that means I'll be waiting until july for my May 4th flights - ten pax to valencia and back.

8o(
 Ryanair Refund - maltrap
Martin Lewis said that some people had been successful using "chargeback" So we tried it 4 weeks ago. Our refund for 1 of the the flights arrived today, If it was to do with the chargeback claim we know not. Just waiting on another 3 claims.
 Ryanair Refund - Lemma
I have the refund (from Trailfinders) that now sits in my credit card account. I have a credit balance there, but try getting the money from the credit card company!! I will call them again tomorrow and if that doesn't work then I will consider closing the account.
Last edited by: Lemma on Thu 28 May 20 at 17:24
 Ryanair Refund - Terry
If you are relying upon Ryanair to do the right thing you will probably need to wait a long time. Good to know chargeback works.

Incidentally I have heard some very good reports about Trailfinders who apparently hold customers money in a separate account. Someone I know had organised a long US and Canadian tour with them (several £'000s) all cancelled due to the virus - a full refund has been received.

Perhaps a lesson to us all that the cheapest is not necessarily the best!
 Ryanair Refund - Lemma
I am a great fan of Trailfinders and as a frequent international traveller use them regularly. At one time I used to price check but they are at least as as good as anybody else on price and very reliable in terms of customer service. They sometimes get some deals that are not generally available. Most recently out economy, daytime flight, and back premium economy overnight for less that £200 each extra than the economy price (London/Costa Rica/London via BA). In fact this was the trip referred to in my previous post.

I have no connection with the company other than as a very satisfied customer and will use them again once normality returns.
Latest Forum Posts