Non-motoring > Tool cabinet on castors Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 8

Tool cabinet on castors - legacylad
A major garage sort out is imminent...I’ve a number of metal tool boxes, lots of containers such as plastic boxes, tins etc etc....a large 8 drawer, or similar, on castors, would solve storage problems for all manner of tools scattered around both the house and garage.
I don’t need a huge SnapOn type which is 5’ tall, but I need to be able to see the wood for the trees when I’m opening drawers.
I assume the £99 variety (SGS Mechanic 8 drawer) aren’t particularly strong, but it won’t be used on a professional basis.
Any recommendations please...second hand is fine so I’ll trawl EBay once I hear from those more knowledgeable.
 Tool cabinet on castors - sooty123
Try Halfords, they've always got loads of choice.

SGS are a good make, I've bought various bits and bobs from them over the years, not had any problems with them that I can remember.
 Tool cabinet on castors - Zero
If its not going to be in use 8 hours a day for 6 days a week in a garage, then cheap is fine.
Eggsacktly. So long as it doesn’t fall apart and the drawers open that will do me.
 Tool cabinet on castors - Fullchat
This is what you really want :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vKaAkhAqB0
I tell you what I want, what I really really want.....I’ve heard that before somewhere.

Thanks for reminding me.
 Tool cabinet on castors - Zero
>> I tell you what I want, what I really really want.....I’ve heard that before somewhere.

Let me remind you

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9jGGiqjwf4

(and no, its not quite the way you remembered it! Thankfully)
 Tool cabinet on castors - Crankcase
>> Eggsacktly. So long as it doesn’t fall apart and the drawers open that will do
>> me.

I seem to remember thinking the same when I met Mrs C.
 Tool cabinet on castors - No FM2R
Tools in drawers doesn't really work for me. I use this sort of thing and have done for years;

www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Industrial-Large-size-Stackable-storage-bins_60795742881.html?spm=a2700.details.deiletai6.5.59362792JnGR9r

Not necessarily exactly those, mine are a nice sensible blue colour. But that sort of thing.
Latest Forum Posts