Non-motoring > Apple TV Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 5

Apple TV - R.P.
Mrs RP has had free access to Apple TV when she bought an iPhone from John Lewis. Didn't think I'd be interested until I learnt that Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman's "Long Way Up" is going to be shown on it. How can I access this on our TV
 Apple TV - Falkirk Bairn
You can buy an Apple TV device, some TVs have the app built in Sony, Samsung, LG for example

Roku, Amazon Fire adapters

The newer your TV the chances are it might be capable of downloading the app BUT an Amazon Fire adapters is fairly cheap from around £30 2nd hand CEX, £50 new on Amazon but discounted fairly regularly

How new / old is your TV?
 Apple TV - R.P.
Samsung, abot 5 years old. Too old I think. I'll have a look at my Amazon thingy. Thanks
 Apple TV - VxFan
I got Apple TV for one year Free with my new phone.
I tried installing the Apple TV App on my Firestick. Damned if I could get it to work. I couldn't even see the App, despite following the instructions 2 or 3 times from the Amazon website, and a couple of YouTube clips.
I must have another try though as I think half the trouble was my Firestick only had about 200MB of free space left on it. Since then I've had a purge (deleted and reinstalled Kodi as was playing up) and now have loads of free space on it.
To be honest though, having looked at what's available on Apple TV via my phone, I didn't find anything of interest, which is probably why I gave up trying to install the App on the Firestick.
 Apple TV - zippy
If you have decent internet / wifi and your TV can support it go for the 4k Amazon Fire Stick with Voice remote.

It works really well.
 Apple TV - VxFan
>> which is probably why I gave up trying to install the App on the Firestick.

Had another go earlier. Still no luck. I think it's because my Firestick is too old and doesn't support Apple TV.
Latest Forum Posts