Non-motoring > Chair of Intelligence Comm loses Tory whip Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 4

Chair of Intelligence Comm loses Tory whip - Lygonos

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53422010

This gives another taste of the quality of Boris's executive, or lack thereof.

Julian Lewis kicked from the party for being voted Chair by its constituents.

It's still a Tory majority committee, with a (former) Tory chair.

Who would take it seriously if that utter POS Chris Failing had been the Chair as Boris obviously wanted?

Chair of Intelligence Comm loses Tory whip - Terry
One can only speculate, at the moment, what hold Failing has over the PM that he should even be considered for the chair.

Or maybe he promised to keep the Russia election interference report forever beyond public scrutiny!
 Chair of Intelligence Comm loses Tory whip - sooty123
Only grayling could manage to lose a rigged election.
 Chair of Intelligence Comm loses Tory whip - Manatee
>> One can only speculate, at the moment, what hold Failing has over the PM that
>> he should even be considered for the chair.
>>
>> Or maybe he promised to keep the Russia election interference report forever beyond public scrutiny!

Effectively the second I suspect.

A dictatorial government can't appoint the most capable candidates to positions of executive power - it needs obedience, and useful idiots.

No matter how benevolent the dictator, you end up with a government very short of competent and honest people.
 Chair of Intelligence Comm loses Tory whip - Bromptonaut
>> One can only speculate, at the moment, what hold Failing has over the PM that
>> he should even be considered for the chair.

I think Grayling is the supplicant; needs the job to keep his career going. A useful idiot.

From what I heard on the radio this isn't a Dpertmental Select Committee, it's a statutory body with specific responsibilities. The PM shouldn't be allowed anywhere near appointing its Chair.
Latest Forum Posts