Non-motoring > Jacuzzi baths Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 4

Jacuzzi baths - Bobby
We have decided to get a new family bathroom - full rip out back to wall scenario.
Missus has asked for a Jacuzzi bath ie the "normal" sized bath but with the jacuzzi jets in it.

Anyone got one of these and any thoughts on it? I know you can get much bigger ones, big corner ones etc, but this is just a standard 800 width type bath.
 Jacuzzi baths - martin aston
Have you ever looked at the inside of a bath drain? How do you clean the internal pipe work of a jacuzzi? You would need to have a strict sanitisation regime.

You see a relaxing, bubbling bath, I see human soup!
 Jacuzzi baths - Bobby
From my very limited knowledge and research (ie about 2 minutes) I see that there needs to be some sort of cleaning ritual!!
 Jacuzzi baths - Fullchat
We had one in the last house 1989 - 95. Bit of a novelty, used very little. The labyrinth of pipework harboured lumps of black congealed soap deposits.
Cleaning required hazmat knowledge. Fill above vents, put in chemicals, switch on and leave. Return 10 minutes later and nearly knock yourself out on the fumes. I thing it was some chlorine product which is probably banned now.
 Jacuzzi baths - Bromptonaut
My parents had one in their last home together. IIRC it was a relatively recent installation at time they bought in 1986. Cannot recall the brand at this distance but it had mixer taps at the side. Mum used it occasionally. Seemed to work OK and was still functioning when she sold up an moved south after 14years

In that particular installation it was on a sort of dais. The pumps etc underneath meant had too much 'draught' to sit on the ordinary floot; the void was too shallow.
Latest Forum Posts