Non-motoring > Deliberate Tax Defaulters Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 12

Deliberate Tax Defaulters - Duncan
Our own dear government produces a list of deliberate tax defaulters! I had no idea such a thing existed!! -

tinyurl.com/kh2t2af

It is a great long list. Does anyone know how to sort it in some kind of geographical logic?

Brompy - this sounds as though it might be up your street? Any ideas?
 Deliberate Tax Defaulters - smokie
Easy enough, cut and paste it into Excel, in a new column put a formula to extract the last 8 characters from the address field (i.e. the postcode), sort it on the new field and use Find/Replace to clean it up.

I've partly done it and will finish it if you want. I expect it'll turn out pretty good.

EDIT: you would need to copy the new field and Paste Values as you can't manipulate a value made by formula.

I have it in progress, will send to your registered email in a couple of minutes.
Last edited by: smokie on Sun 23 Aug 20 at 12:05
Sent
And received. How prompt!

Thanks.

Edit

Excel is a foreign country to me.
Last edited by: Duncan on Sun 23 Aug 20 at 12:20
Happy to help :-)
Last edited by: smokie on Sun 23 Aug 20 at 12:50
 Deliberate Tax Defaulters - Manatee
There's a Yorkshire cricketer in there!
 Deliberate Tax Defaulters - sooty123
>> There's a Yorkshire cricketer in there!
>>

Adil rashid? I think that all got sorted last year.
>> Our own dear government produces a list of deliberate tax defaulters! I had no idea
>> such a thing existed!! -
>>
>> tinyurl.com/kh2t2af
>>
>> It is a great long list.

What does it mean? They are persistent offenders? They still haven't paid?

There is a restaurant in that list, not far from me, still seems to be trading. Is it simply a 'name and shame' exercise?
 Deliberate Tax Defaulters - Zero
Why is a list published? should they not be prosecuted?
 Deliberate Tax Defaulters - Bromptonaut
>> Why is a list published? should they not be prosecuted?

www.gov.uk/guidance/managing-serious-defaulters-msd-programme

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/877624/CC-FS13.pdf

I imagine there will be circumstances where penalties are more efficient in getting what's been evaded paid than convictions.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Sun 23 Aug 20 at 15:47
 Deliberate Tax Defaulters - wotspur
There seems to be deliberate fraud , there’s at least McManus people all owing a lot of money and I noticed 3 restaurants all in Lincoln lN1 area ,all owe money from 2010 -201... and between the. Owe in excess of 1m pounds .....and they chased me for 2k come Jan 2020 ,which I couldn’t afford to pay
 Deliberate Tax Defaulters - CGNorwich
And quite right too, people on PAYE don’t have the opportunity not to pay their taxes whether they can afford them or not.
 Deliberate Tax Defaulters - zippy
>> And quite right too, people on PAYE don’t have the opportunity not to pay their
>> taxes whether they can afford them or not.
>>

Too many companies here avoid paying PAYE and I have seen lots of schemes to get away with it.

One recently was having more staff on payroll then they had space for, so if the husband worked at the firm, so did the wife and both tax allowances were used, even if only one ever turned up to work. When there are 20+ invisible staff on the payroll it adds up.

I recall when visiting companies in the USA, if an incorporated company did not pay payroll taxes then the directors were chased.

Considering the damage done to the economy we do far too little to identify, prosecute and convict for fraud. Mainly because it is expensive to do and there just are not enough qualified people to do it. The banks didn't help by rolling over and accepting the Govts. orders that they would have to deal with the majority of cases and not the police.
Last edited by: zippy on Fri 4 Sep 20 at 23:47
Latest Forum Posts