Non-motoring > Jeremy Clarkson. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 3

Jeremy Clarkson. - Zero
Yeah, I know he's an annoying dick most of the time,

But

His weekly feature in the Sunday Times mag about his farming experience is highly entertaining, and amusing.

Here is his farm shop. www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGZsBfUQ3J4
 Jeremy Clarkson. - Crankcase
Should anyone care and has missed it, then new to Dave, the strangely named tv channel, is "Ambitious but Rubbish".

Presented by Hammond, it's a clip show of all the weird inventions, oddities and other cocking about they did over 21 series, without any of the studio bits or car reviews.

Fast forward the dull ones and there are some forgotten gems in there. I saw the Reliant Robin into space one again the other day - so stupid but a pretty impressive thing to do, even if...well, you know.

Jeremy Clarkson. - No FM2R
>> Dave, the strangely named tv channel

UKTV had a channel called "G2" which wasn't doing much so they recruited Red Bee to find out why.

UKTV's target audience for G2 was middle class males specifically 28 - 32 but the wider audience was 18 - 35.

Red Bee discovered that much of this audience had new mortgages, new wives, and new babies and thus didn't get down the pub or out with their mates anymore.

Red Bee figured that G2 should try to replace that friendship and interaction and become the audience's 'mate'.

It didn't go smoothly and wasn't loved by everybody but they tried various names and eventually settled on 'Dave'. The logic being that "everybody has got a mate called Dave".

Nobody knows who G2 were, everybody knows Dave. One of Red Bee's many success stories.

Clever people, Red Bee. Which is probably why they had the sense to run away from the BBC.
 Jeremy Clarkson. - Crankcase
That's surprisingly interesting.

Which might explain why I have no mates at all, never mind any called Dave.
Latest Forum Posts