Non-motoring > Go for a walk, Exciting stuff happens Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 15

Go for a walk, Exciting stuff happens - Zero
This must be the most awesomely dangerous machine ever to be allowed in a public space. Fantastic!

youtu.be/3wZmACAB4hk

Go for a walk, Exciting stuff happens - Duncan
It makes you so proud to be British!
 Go for a walk, Exciting stuff happens - Clk Sec
Paddlers' beware...
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Sat 5 Sep 20 at 07:09
 Go for a walk, Exciting stuff happens - Lygonos
Pretty funky.

Presume the rear raised deck covers a stack of lead-acid batteries? Don't see an exhaust.
 Go for a walk, Exciting stuff happens - Bobby
What do they do with the stuff they scoop out?
dump it on the canal banks where it rots down.
>> Pretty funky.
>>
>> Presume the rear raised deck covers a stack of lead-acid batteries? Don't see an exhaust.

Yeah shame really, if it had a big eff off V8 blowing exhaust everywhere it would be perfect.
 Go for a walk, Exciting stuff happens - CGNorwich
You need to head over to the North Walsham and and Dilham canal next time you are in Norfolk. There is a similar but diesel powered contraption there.
I was in North Walsham a month and a half ago

It was shut.
 Go for a walk, Exciting stuff happens - CGNorwich
The restored section of the canal is interesting though. Nice place for a walk with the dog.
I did a nice walk with the dog along the trackbed of the old Midland and Great Northern Joint Railway which crosses the canal. The remains of Honing Station were fascinating.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 6 Sep 20 at 09:37
 Go for a walk, Exciting stuff happens - Ambo
Similar craft were used on the Broads pre-WWII.
 Go for a walk, Exciting stuff happens - devonite
be better if it was designed like a forage harvester that could blow the weed directly into neat rows on the bank or into a trailer to be carted away!
 Go for a walk, Exciting stuff happens - Manatee
>> be better if it was designed like a forage harvester that could blow the weed
>> directly into neat rows on the bank or into a trailer to be carted away!

Might be tricky with wet knotty stuff. Then you get the wrong kind of weed and it wouldn't work:)

I've taken plenty of duck weed off the propeller on the cut. Mostly you can throw it off by reversing the prop briefly before it gets too bad but sometimes you just have to get in there.
 Go for a walk, Exciting stuff happens - bathtub tom
>>I've taken plenty of duck weed off the propeller

You need to try and cut a lorry inner tube off. Takes ages and then replace the shear pin.
 Go for a walk, Exciting stuff happens - Manatee
>> >>I've taken plenty of duck weed off the propeller
>>
>> You need to try and cut a lorry inner tube off. Takes ages and then
>> replace the shear pin.

I've taken a tyre off, that was a real struggle. No chance of doing it via the weed hatch, I was in there. Went to B&Q for a hacksaw at one point to try and cut the bead (the boat was in the middle of Huddersfield). There wasn't really room to manoeuvre it, under the counter and behind the rudder. I gave up trying to cut the bead, must have been spring steel or something, gave it one last waggle before giving up for the night, and it just came off without any resistance.
Latest Forum Posts