Non-motoring > Shuttleworth again - drive-in air show Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 8

Shuttleworth again - drive-in air show - Manatee
Not free this time.

www.shuttleworth.org/events/driveinairshow-dehavilland/

Might actually go to this one. As bt says, people with MX-5's like to have somewhere to drive out to on a Sunday! And I dare say they need the money.

The first one they did this year in the COVID conditions was a flat £120 per car which I thought was a bit much for a 2-seater. Later ones have been £50 for car+2 people and £20 per extra person which is more in line with their usual air show pricing.

The usual thing at Old Warden is that cars just park in rows then crowd along the fence line. These drive-ins are more spaced and people who've been to them have said you get a decent view.

Might be a warm clothing job. Current forecast for Sunday week is 13°C.
 Shuttleworth again - drive-in air show - bathtub tom
They're desperate for income. They normally get it from airshows, but they've been seriously curtailed this year. They survive through the Winter on Summer income, that's been cut short this year, despite some, limited numbers shows. The usual proms event was cancelled (a big earner) in favour of a 'musical extravaganza'. Unfortunately the cloud dropped to ground level!

I'd suggest you wait for the race show in October. Far more interesting cars and bikes (unless of course you decide to go to both). This year, the runway's been extended and a perimeter road's in use which means the vehicles don't have to return the same way, but can circulate.

I didn't realise we were quorate on Sunday. Next time come and say hello to the six foot, sixteen stone, septuagenarian with size thirteen plates of meat hovering around the vehicles.

>> I didn't realise we were quorate on Sunday. Next time come and say hello to
>> the six foot, sixteen stone, septuagenarian with size thirteen plates of meat hovering around the
>> vehicles.

I was looking out for you but there were several of you who met that description!
 Shuttleworth again - drive-in air show - bathtub tom
>> I was looking out for you but there were several of you who met that
>> description!

size thirteen plates of meat. I think I'm the only one.
In fairness I didn't know about the shoe size. When I worked for Fine Fare as a Saturday lad, the manager there wore 12's. I think he got them ordered specially.
 Shuttleworth again - drive-in air show - Bromptonaut
>> In fairness I didn't know about the shoe size. When I worked for Fine Fare
>> as a Saturday lad, the manager there wore 12's. I think he got them ordered
>> specially.

My manager in my last Civil Service post was way over six feet tall and with feet to match. He said his shoes were like barges and caused problems when he packed for work events out of London.
 Shuttleworth again - drive-in air show - sooty123
Should have bought a bigger suitcase.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 21 Sep 20 at 13:27
 Shuttleworth again - drive-in air show - Bromptonaut
>> Should have bought a bigger suitcase.

Cabin baggage!!
 Shuttleworth again - drive-in air show - sooty123
Where there's a will there's a way. Mind you packing a bag properly, is a mystery to a lot of people.
Latest Forum Posts