Non-motoring > Ray Clemence dies Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 12

Ray Clemence dies - Zero
Dunno why, but thats a bit of a shock, he's football of my era.
 Ray Clemence dies - No FM2R
I know what you mean, but at least the shocking deaths are still older than us.

Just wait a few years when equally shocking deaths start happening to people younger than us.
 Ray Clemence dies - Zero
>> I know what you mean, but at least the shocking deaths are still older than
>> us.
>>
>> Just wait a few years when equally shocking deaths start happening to people younger than
>> us.

The gap appears to be getting shorter..........
 Ray Clemence dies - Fullchat
No ones mentioned Des O'Conner :(
 Ray Clemence dies - No FM2R
>> No ones mentioned Des O'Conner :(
>>

Just saw that. A full life, well lived. Which is all any of us can aspire to.
 Ray Clemence dies - Zero
>
Cos we assumed he was old.
 Ray Clemence dies - Lygonos
Eric Morecambe: "The only thing wrong with Des O'Connor's records is the hole in the middle isn't big enough."

Etc.
 Ray Clemence dies - Robin O'Reliant
Clemence was part of a golden generation of England goalkeepers wo were generally acknowledged as the best in the in the world. When you see some of the disasters we've had between the posts recently, it shows how far we've fallen.
 Ray Clemence dies - Zero
>> Clemence was part of a golden generation of England goalkeepers wo were generally acknowledged as
>> the best in the in the world. When you see some of the disasters we've
>> had between the posts recently, it shows how far we've fallen.

Banks, Shilton, Clemence, Seaman (ok the odd off key moment) A long string of keepers that single handedly promoted England above their natural ranking.

Not just England keepers, Jennings, Wilson, There were some good johnny foreign types - well one I guess. Schmeichel.

Now there is not a single keeper, in world football, who can hold a candle to that string.
 Ray Clemence dies - Robin O'Reliant
>> Banks, Shilton, Clemence, Seaman (ok the odd off key moment) A long string of keepers
>> that single handedly promoted England above their natural ranking.

Not forgetting our own Phil Parkes Z. He made only one England appearance in a Friendly against Portugal, but compared to the likes of Green and Hart (To name just two) he was from another planet.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 16 Nov 20 at 10:24
 Ray Clemence dies - Zero
>> Not forgetting our own Phil Parkes Z. He made only one England appearance in a
>> Friendly against Portugal, but compared to the likes of Green and Hart (To name just
>> two) he was from another planet.

Big lad Phil Parkes I remember thinking from the North Bank. Him and I shared the same bowel cancer*
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 16 Nov 20 at 10:23
 Ray Clemence dies - Zero
* I could have phrased that better methinks.
 Ray Clemence dies - VxFan

Or how he's now known

Dead O'Goner
Latest Forum Posts