Non-motoring > Work Woes - A Colleague's Weekend Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 7

Work Woes - A Colleague's Weekend - zippy
So underwriting for a major UK bank is usually fairly routine.

Not this weekend for one of my Midlands based colleagues.

A few week earlier he had turned down a new business proposal that was being "sacked" by their existing bank - never a good sign. (I had a quick peek at the file yesterday and came to the same conclusion.)

This meant that the business couldn't pay their payroll and is now in administration.

The sales guy, who's exceedingly well paid, and in a senior position is supposed to manage the entire relationship with the customer until it starts with us and that includes delivering bad and good news alike.

He actually told the director of the new business that it was turned down by an underwriter and gave the underwriters name and town. The underwriter has an unusual name and it didn't take too much of an effort to find him and knock on his door on Saturday and have a right go at him before punching him! Man has since been arrested.

I'm pee'd off that the sales director hasn't been suspended and said he would do it again!
 Work Woes - A Colleague's Weekend - Zero

>> He actually told the director of the new business that it was turned down by
>> an underwriter and gave the underwriters name and town.

Blimey, so many laws broken there, employment, civil and probably criminal. He's lucky the ole bill are not charging him as an accessory..
>> Blimey, so many laws broken there,

Exactly - I'm shocked that he's not been suspended.

Seems senior management don't care - have mentioned what they're like previously.
 Work Woes - A Colleague's Weekend - Zero
>> >> Blimey, so many laws broken there,
>>
>> Exactly - I'm shocked that he's not been suspended.
>>
>> Seems senior management don't care - have mentioned what they're like previously.

They will, because he willl be a witness in court, and the details will come out.
 Work Woes - A Colleague's Weekend - Manatee
I've experienced something similar (the customer reaction part). Ironically it doesn't occur to the 'customer' that they are providing proof, if it were needed, that the decision was the right one.
Apparently the attacker has been given a caution.

The victim is very unhappy.

No action taken against the sales guy.

Victim is going to raise a GDPR complaint re name and town being made known.

Not worth suing the attacker as he has little in the way of assets since his business has failed but may do so anyway re windfalls.

Colleague is considering suing the bank.
 Work Woes - A Colleague's Weekend - Bromptonaut
JUst to be clear, was the named underwriter actually involved in the chain of events described?
>> JUst to be clear, was the named underwriter actually involved in the chain of events
>> described?
>>

Yes, the sales director gave the correct underwriters details to the rejected customer.
Latest Forum Posts