Non-motoring > Wireless earbuds Buying / Selling
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 12

Wireless earbuds - legacylad
With noise cancelling....
My excellent bulky over ear Bose QC15 are over a decade old, and when travelling light I decided to replace them with some wireless buds. Research resulted in a short list of 4, all of which had pros and cons, and prices circa £200+.
As you can’t test these ear buds for obvious reasons, it’s all a leap of faith, but online reviews pointed to a much cheaper mid range substitute.
The ‘InMotionStores.com’ @ LBA price matched, so for £81 I bought some Sony WF-C700N ear buds.

Easy to charge, set up and pair, even for me. I can’t compare to other buds, but they really are rather good...3 sizes of in ear silicone thingies for ultimate comfort.
Streaming my favourite music via Spotify on da beach is decadence for Ludd N.
‘Paint it Black’ with Charlie Watts banging away through my left ear ‘ol, and Brian Jones on sitar through my right, with the other three doing their stuff in between is superb.

Thoroughly recommended
 Wireless earbuds - Bromptonaut
Same issue as other similar products. Look as if they're too big if I've got my head on a pillow.

I've a stock of wired Creative EP-630s, good noise blocking but no cancelling facility, that do the job but very few others suit.
 Wireless earbuds - Zero
Anything you stuff in your ear, is going to be compromised in some way. OTE headphones need not be compromised and perform the sound function perfectly, however they can in some circumstances be inconvenient. Like life, its all a compromise and horses for courses.
 Wireless earbuds - Bobby
I have AirPods for running, walking, doing my housework and gym.
I have over the ear JBL when I’m on a plane.
 Wireless earbuds - CGNorwich
One of the few advantages of wearing hearing aids' You can stream audio to them from your phone.
 Wireless earbuds - Zero
>> One of the few advantages of wearing hearing aids' You can stream audio to them
>> from your phone.

Which means of course you cant hear anyone, I see the advantage.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 9 Aug 23 at 21:38
 Wireless earbuds - CGNorwich
Well you can in the same way you can hear someone when the radio's on but I have to admit they can come in very useful when the company's a bit boring. I have to admit to listening to a podcast during a rather lengthy catholic wedding ceremony recently. I suppose I will be eternally damned for that.
 Wireless earbuds - Timeonmyhands
Only if you were the groom.
 Wireless earbuds - legacylad
Excellent reply Timeon
 Wireless earbuds - Zero

>> catholic wedding ceremony recently. I suppose I will be eternally damned for that.

I think there is an online confessional with instant AI absolution
 Wireless earbuds - smokie
I've got hearing aids - don't wear them too much really - but it'd be so much better if I could get hearing assistance through ear buds as the music experience is generally pretty dire through the hearing aids.

Maybe I should get some private ones rather than NHS but that'd be a few thou
Last edited by: smokie on Thu 10 Aug 23 at 00:04
 Wireless earbuds - Manatee
My over ear ones are
www.sony.co.uk/electronics/headband-headphones/wh-1000xm3/

which are now 2 versions on. Nice and good noise cancelling but not always convenient. They also have the ambient sound feature which sort of works but conversation usually involves taking them off. But at least I can tell when I am being summoned.

I also have the WF-700N ear buds. Similar features. Just getting used to them. I've never got on with in-ear things, but these with the smallest size doo dahs on them I can tolerate fairly well.

I think the sound's good but only when you have a decent seal. I have them set up to toggle noise cancelling - ambient sound - sound control off.

The can apparently be simultaneously connected to two sources. Not tried that yet, not sure how it would work.

I haven't used them in anger yet for noise cancelling. But at least I can listen to podcasts in bed more comfortably.

I like that the charging case has a battery so they can be charged without another USB supply or cable handy.
 Wireless earbuds - Duncan
I bought two pairs (please don't ask why I bought two pairs) of Skull candy in ear buds. They are fine, but I never use them. If I am in the car I have the in car thingy, if I am out and about then the phone is in my pocket.

I only listen to music or speech on the radio. I could use them on my bike, I spose.
Latest Forum Posts