Non-motoring > RIP Parky Miscellaneous
Thread Author: tyrednemotional Replies: 9

RIP Parky - tyrednemotional
....another victim of BBD's "short illness"....

In his day, almost compulsory watching of a Saturday night. (and a professional Yorkshireman, to boot)
 RIP Parky - VxFan
Yep, RIP.

I guess his family can now receive his over 50s life cover.
 RIP Parky - zippy
Always a good show with Parky.

RIP
 RIP Parky - sooty123
I didn't watch many of his shows, but the one i did, they always seemed more like a bit of free advertising for the celebrity than any sort of interview. Very softly, softly or perhaps they just weren't my thing.
 RIP Parky - Fullchat
Watched the tribute to him earlier when he was revisiting some of his guest interviews. Clearly he was affected by the interview with renowned scientist Dr Jacob Bronowski who he claimed to be his favourite ever interviewee.
Bronowski created the 13 part documentary - " The Ascent of Man." In one particularly moving episode, the Polish-British academic visited Auschwitz concentration camp, where a number of his family members lost their lives to the Nazi regime. It was the emotional moment that cemented Bronowski in Parkinson's mind as one of the defining interviews of his career.
 RIP Parky - zippy
>> Dr Jacob Bronowski. Bronowski created the 13 part documentary - " The Ascent of Man."

Saw that.

I will be looking for the series.
 RIP Parky - legacylad
Coincidentally, I was out drinking in my local beer garden last night with a girl, who, like Parkinson, was also born in Barnsley.

She told me other famous sons were Dickie Bird and Darren Gough. The younger local men were all 5’8” tall, thick set, with muscles on muscles, and the girls were always scantily clad in winter.

Bit of a generalisation but believable.
 RIP Parky - VxFan
I don't think anyone will ever forget the Rod Hull and Emu interview, not even Parky.
 RIP Parky - Robin O'Reliant
He'd be slaughtered now for his mysoginistic and sexist attitudes to some of his guests, but he was of his time. Back then we were all like that.
 RIP Parky - R.P.
" The Ascent of Man."

Saw the same programme, I have to admit to a tear in my eye as I watched Jacob Bronowski - Ascent of Man is still on iPlayer, just watched the first episode, too young to watch the original...well worth a viewing now.
Latest Forum Posts