Non-motoring > New song but no show Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Rudedog Replies: 11

New song but no show - Rudedog
I'm not a Beatles fan but I get that they are a major influence on some groups but let's get this straight..... a new AI Beatles song is NOT them regrouping as I've heard some say or that this can be now be considered the 'new' last Beatles song.

It's AI! it isn't really them!

Is this really how things are going to be going forward?

New song but no show - sooty123
www.itv.com/news/2023-10-26/how-artificial-intelligence-helped-to-bring-to-life-the-last-beatles-song

Reading this it seems the song already existed, ai helped clean up the noise and make the song releasable.
 New song but no show - smokie
For years band recordings and often live shows haven't "really been them" - synthesisers, drum loops, lip syncing, sampling etc etc with a heavy dose of pot production on recordings to iron out off note/off beat etc.

I think for years for many bands it wasn't "really them"
Ok that's how it reads but others are saying that samples have been taken for other records and added in to improve the recording.

We still have many records being released for groups/artists where one or more of the group are dead and their' voice' has been AI'd from old records to bring them back to life - can't say I approve - bit creepy.

Sorry but synthesiser music is my kind of music so nothing artificial around the composing skill needed to produce them.

I'm not knocking synth music but it's fairly easy to sit at your computer creating loops and fills etc (esp with single finer chords) then assign to different instruments and voices. I know cos I've done it on my PC, and while I love my music I'm no composer.

I saw the Pet Shop Boys on something recently and the odd bloke on keyboards just hit the keyboard every so often to change the chord (quite possibly just for show) but most of the song was already programmed and playing back.

There's nothing like a decent band of 4 or 4 musicians belting out a bit of rock and roll or similar.
Sure but it takes something special to make a tune out of just a pulse of electrons.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDa603qTT0

Wendy Carlos composed many classic film scores.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiV7jwo4umY

I'm sure Keith Emerson's stadium shows were something else!

That's some haircut in the 1st clip!!

Here's a man who can make a tune out of computer hardware www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCCXRerqaJI (I think we've seen him before here)

The creator of the best (IMHO)...... Moog

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7TJyPAyTiQ
 New song but no show - Kevin
Pah!

www.righto.com/2019/09/risky-line-printer-music-on-vintage-ibm.html
 New song but no show - Zero
Sorry, you can't beat SHORT for songs.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWY8UyW9bw

www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2D8Eo15wE

And lyrics that dont require too much intellectual thought.

New song but no show - Dog
>>There's nothing like a decent band of 4 or 4 musicians belting out a bit of rock and roll or similar.

De acuerdo, but I've been 'getting into' this lately: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIQ0dd7B_FU
 New song but no show - Manatee

>>
>> There's nothing like a decent band of 4 or 4 musicians belting out a bit
>> of rock and roll or similar.
>>

Went to a village hall party last night. Keyboard, lead, rhythm, bass guitars, drums. Apparently they were good but the singing was far too quiet. As the vocalist usually has the tune, this made all but two of the songs in the first half unrecognisable to me. Or maybe they were from the 1990s, the dark ages for me in the history of popular music.

They opened the second half with Free (yes that one) so I quit while I was ahead and went home as it is as my bedtime!
Latest Forum Posts