Non-motoring > King Charles Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 20

King Charles - Robin O'Reliant
Just come on the news, diagnosed with cancer.
 King Charles - zippy
>>Cancer....

A horrible illness.

I am still very sad and somewhat angry at the loss of our God Daughter at 35, two and a half years ago.

King Charles - James Loveless
Somewhat oddly, the press is saying he has "a form of cancer", which is rather odd. Cancer, of course, is not one disease, but many.

One might assume that, if his recent surgery included a biopsy which has led to the diagnosis, the prostate would have been the site of the autopsy. But maybe not.
Last edited by: James Loveless on Mon 5 Feb 24 at 18:56
Sorry, too late to edit. "Autopsy" should read "biopsy". (A bit unfortunate, that.)
 King Charles - Zero
>> Sorry, too late to edit. "Autopsy" should read "biopsy". (A bit unfortunate, that.)

Yes Quite a faux paus! One assumes that as they have been messing around in the royal water works, it's prostate or bladder. One assumes that as a royal he is scanned and checked regularly, so it will be relatively new so a low staged diagnosis
 King Charles - CGNorwich
I suspect you meant biopsy not autopsy. According to the BBC he does not have prostate cancer.
 King Charles - Bromptonaut
>> I suspect you meant biopsy not autopsy. According to the BBC he does not
>> have prostate cancer.

Bladder?
 King Charles - Rudedog
The Beeb seemed to wade in saying what treatment he could have without even saying what it was and at what stage.

I guess when the King had his TURP they would have looked in the bladder as part of the procedure, obviously there are various levels and the treatments vary accordingly - we do a lot of TURBT's - I don't think the King smoked but as far as I know this is the biggest cause of bladder cancer.

King Charles - Zero
If they did do a TURBT, then he is in for 3 years of BCG, assumimg it's the common urothelial cancer like wot I had
 King Charles - Falkirk Bairn
What surprises me is that the King was not given a thorough annual MoT especially as he is now in his 70s.

One of my boys, who works in the USA, is given an thorough MoT by the company doctor.

Turning 45 last year, he had a colonoscopy and, as the years pass, additional tests are done on a rotating basis. It's not just filling a form and blood/urine tests that many of us have on the NHS.
 King Charles - Bromptonaut
>> One of my boys, who works in the USA, is given an thorough MoT by
>> the company doctor.

That examination is, I guess, as much in the company's interest as that of their employee.

Personally, if I were KC III and somebody suggested annual cameras in my bodily orifices my reply would draw in the language his sister was once known for.
 King Charles - Terry
KC3 has all my sympathy at a difficult time and I wish him well for a swift recovery.

However TV coverage on Sky and BBC is utterly dire. Wall to wall endless speculation with no actual facts.

The Palace will choose what and when to update us. Guesswork is futile.

The constitutional issues are unimportant - the monarchy is largely ceremonial with very limited power - although some influence.

I truly don't care when/if Harry may fly back to see dad, whether Megan comes, will their be a reconciliation etc.

The BBC seem unaware there may be more important things going on - Middle East, Gaza, Ukraine, dangerous dogs, Ireland, Hinckley Point costs, BP profits plunge, etc etc etc.
 King Charles - smokie
The Beeb news pages aren't overwhelmed with it. I don't really watch much telly, especially at this time of day, so I can't say how it is there. There's always the Off button if you don't like what you're seeing :-)

And to be fair, many people are more interested in this kind of news than what's going on in some remote land.

(I really struggle with how BPs profit plunge seems to be a disappointment. Only £11bn, how will they cope? Especially after the windfalls last year)
 King Charles - sooty123
The BBC seem unaware there may be more important things going on - Middle East,
>> Gaza, Ukraine, dangerous dogs, Ireland, Hinckley Point costs, BP profits plunge, etc etc etc.
>>

I'm sure all that news is available on the BBC's website.
 King Charles - Duncan
Strictly between ourselves - I have heard that Harry is coming back and will be taking over BH. The King doesn't want it, so it's sitting there empty.

Makes sense.
 King Charles - legacylad
I wonder if Charlie boy forgot to do his bowel cancer screening…not necessary now he’s 75. I wonder if he had a minion to scrape a sample out of the Royal toilet ?
 King Charles - tyrednemotional
...that would be the Groom of the Stool's job...
 King Charles - smokie
Or maybe Backstairs Billy (for those PE readers here...)
 King Charles - Fursty Ferret
>> I wonder if he had a minion to scrape a sample out of the
>> Royal toilet ?
>>

Nah, that’s what the Royal Colander is for.

Interesting that now it actually affects him he’s happy to rely on modern medicine instead of summoning the Royal Homeopathist.
"... he's happy to rely on modern medicine instead of summoning the Royal Homeopathist."

I don't think homeopathy has ever been touted as a cancer treatment by any responsible clinician.
 King Charles - Lygonos

I doubt it has ever been touted as a cancer treatment by any responsible homeopath....
Latest Forum Posts