Non-motoring > Getting to Abba Voyage Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 26

Getting to Abba Voyage - Bobby
Me and the missus have got tickets for the evening show of the Abba Voyage concert thingy in London.
Fri 19 Apr.

When booking I didn’t realise it was London Marathon weekend. Had booked the tickets with the thought of deciding nearer the time whether it was to be a weekend in London and see another couple shows or just hang out at my brother’s in Bishop Stortford or her brother in Dorking. And maybe train/ fly or drive.

As I have left it too late and travel and hotel prices seem quite high, we are now thinking of driving down on the Thursday, stay at one of the brothers and drive to the show on Friday and then drive back to a brother after it.

Anyone able to advise on whether there is public parking in the area and is it worth travelling over earlier in the day or is there nothing to do in the surrounding area?

Any other relevant info would be appreciated.
 Getting to Abba Voyage - tyrednemotional
...better butter up your brother ;-)

Train Bishops Stortford to Stratford would put you on the doorstep (if you don't want the last short walk then one stop further on the DLR).

Probably not as cheap overall as driving/parking, but as long as the trains are running on that day, generally quite stress-free. Looking at the performance times, I think you won't be lacking a return train.

Can't vouch for other interest in the are, but a return ticket is far better value than a single - if you want to head in earlier I'd still suggest Stratford, and then maybe use Tube/DLR from there to point(s) of interest before returning on DLR to Pudding Mill Lane station.
Yeah seems to be about £40 return for the two of us for train from Stortford.
Might make sense to take the car and find some parking if anyone can recommend any in area?
www.newham.gov.uk/directory-record/4/stratford-multi-storey-car-park

maps.app.goo.gl/yQswjzqRrjKQKWWH8
 Getting to Abba Voyage - zippy
Mrs and Miss Z went last year and had a great time. Apparently some people dressed up in Abba type outfits.

There is a very large regional shopping centre there (Westfield?). I don't think it's too far from West Ham's ground.

Greenwich is over the river.

They took the train to Stratford Intl. and stayed at a local Premier Inn.
Yeah the local PI is about £130 for the night.
I don’t know London at all, just wondering the cost implications if we decided to stay somewhere and try and maybe take in another show somewhere but can see how costs will escalate dramatically between show tickets/ travel/ accommodation.
 Getting to Abba Voyage - smokie
Reasonable amount of low cost parking in the immediate vicinity of the show on justpark.com, which is on people drives and suchlike, but worth getting on with it rather than prevaricating.

Or parkonmydrive.com. I used both, for city centre parking in London, Cardiff, Southampton and Edinburgh (and probably elsewhere). They are just booking sites but each time it's worked out OK.
Last edited by: smokie on Thu 8 Feb 24 at 23:32
 Getting to Abba Voyage - henry k
If by car is it ULEZ exempt ?
 Getting to Abba Voyage - martin aston
My sister in law went and loved it. She had lunch at a well known restaurant chain and said she’d do the same again for Nando’s.
Oh well, at least it didn't turn out to be her Waterloo. Does your mother know?
>> Oh well, at least it didn't turn out to be her Waterloo.
>>

...it could be Bobby's if he decides to stay at Dorking and use the train...
 Getting to Abba Voyage - Zero

>> ...it could be Bobby's if he decides to stay at Dorking and use the train...

London Victoria. (unless he uses the great western service from Dorking deepdene to reading, and changes at Guildford)
...or South Western direct to Waterloo.... ;-)
 Getting to Abba Voyage - Runfer D'Hills
I think I’d be trying very hard indeed to find multiple reasons why the whole trip was just too difficult to be practical.
;-)
..Money, Money, Money...
Guess you’d know you were parked close enough if you could see the lights?
 Getting to Abba Voyage - VxFan
Mamma Mia!

Some the puns on here are Chiquitita
My mate Fernando went to that show. Said it was ok, but he couldn’t hear the drums…
Not sure I'd go to all this agro to watch a video..........
 Getting to Abba Voyage - Bromptonaut
The journey would seem to go On and On and On....
 Getting to Abba Voyage - VxFan
>> The journey would seem to go On and On and On....

Should I take a chance?
>> >> The journey would seem to go On and On and On....
>>
>> Should I take a chance?

Yes, it will Take you through the darkness to the break of the day
...should give the show a boost anyway....

They were sick and tired of everything
When Bobby called tonight from Glasgow
All we do is eat and sleep and sing
Wishing every show was the last show (wishing every show was the last show)
So imagine we were glad to hear you're coming (glad to hear you're coming)
Suddenly we feel all right (and suddenly it's gonna be)
And it's gonna be so different when we're on the stage tonight

;-)
Oh all very good!
Had seen that website for parking in folks driveways and thought it was dodgy!
That's exactly why I pointed out I'd used it a number of times!

It's not to say some of the areas you'll be parking in aren't a bit sketchy though. But I've parked on peoples drive in London, Southampton and Edinburgh (for the whole week we were at the Fringe, a few years back). In London it has put me in the Tower hotel car park at a very good price, also a couple of NCPs.
 Getting to Abba Voyage - martin aston
I used Just Park twice in London. All went well in the end but if using it check the info and reviews on the space itself. Both mine were very tight even for a medium sized car. Other than that it was economical and well organised.
 Getting to Abba Voyage - Mapmaker
I’m a big fan of Just Park. Use it regularly round London.
Latest Forum Posts