Non-motoring > Bargains Thread Volume 2.   [Read only] Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 109

Bargains Thread Volume 2. - VxFan

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 3 *****

Post links in here of any offers/bargains that you come across. Need not be motoring but motoring related is of course welcome.

Volume 1 can be found HERE
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 8 Jan 11 at 16:10

Bargains Thread Volume 1. - CGNorwich
Norfolk LInes - now DFDS Seaways have a good multibuy offer on at the moment . If you travel to the continent more than 3 or 4 times a year looks a good deal. Fully transferable so you don't have to use all the trips yourself.

www.norfolkline.com/EN/Ferries_to_France/Fares_and_offers/Multi_trip_offer/
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Fri 29 Oct 10 at 13:44

Free Bridgestone tyre & tread depth gauge - VxFan
Order your free Bridgestone tyre gauge here:-

tyresafety.eu/order

Free Bridgestone tyre & tread depth gauge - spamcan61
>> Order your free Bridgestone tyre gauge here:-
>>
>> tyresafety.eu/order
>>

Cheers! one duly ordered.

Free Bridgestone tyre & tread depth gauge - Clk Sec
I've recently bought myself a decent tyre gauge to replace my ageing pencil type, but have never got around to buying a depth gauge.

Thanks for the link, Dave.

Free Bridgestone tyre & tread depth gauge - Redviper
Excellent - Just ordered mine

Free Bridgestone tyre & tread depth gauge - RattleandSmoke
Just ordered mine, not that I will need to use it for my car for a hell of a long time but one of my dads is getting is less than 3mm I am sure so will need replacing in the next year, it will be interesting to see if it lasts till the MOT in August as that may well be time the car is scrapped.

Free Bridgestone tyre & tread depth gauge - madf
Ordered mine - thanks.

My pressure guage is over 60 years old! (was my dad's)
(apart from the one on my footpump)

Lovely polished silvery thing like a fountain pen with a clip...

Free Bridgestone tyre & tread depth gauge - Dave_
Ordered mine, thanks for the link.

Free Bridgestone tyre & tread depth gauge - bathtub tom
So have I.

D'yer think they'll have enough?

Free Bridgestone tyre & tread depth gauge - R.P.
And me too

Free Bridgestone tyre & tread depth gauge - RattleandSmoke
I very much doubt they will, it has been doing the rounds on the forums and it covers the entire EU so they may need at least a million.

Free Bridgestone tyre & tread depth gauge - Pat
Bridgestone support the PDF Charity and donated a superb racing jacket to us at Truckfest for the raffle:)

I think their budget might run to it!

Pat

Free Bridgestone tyre & tread depth gauge - bathtub tom
Anyone have one turn up?

>> Anyone have one turn up?
>>

Still waiting for mine - I wonder if its highly unlikely that we will actually get anything.

There'll be a strongly worded letter to DD if I don't get mine...

Hey! Don't shoot the messenger. I ain't got mine yet either. Nor have any of the people on another forum I first saw the link posted on.

They're all feeling deflated too. Maybe Bridgestone are under too much pressure to deliver?

...but many could be left feeling deflated.

Free Bridgestone tyre & tread depth gauge - Bellboy
not to worry at least they have all your email addresses

Does that mean we might get even more tyresome emails?

They are not that bad - get a grip! ;-)

Free Bridgestone tyre & tread depth gauge - Zero
We need to look at this in some depth

We haven't gauged the problem.

Free Bridgestone tyre & tread depth gauge - swiss tony
Seems some of the kits were defective, they have been returned to the supplier to be remoulded...

>>...but many could be left feeling deflated.

Must book an appointment with Specsavers!

I emailed Bridgestone last night to ask where the freebie has got to. No reply as yet. Guessing they're sulking at not being the F1 tyre supplier next year, or maybe Tony Sardine upped his advert fee when the site was plagued with a massive amount of visiting traffic because of all the publicity on all the forums the link was posted on.

>> I emailed Bridgestone last night to ask where the freebie has got to. No reply as yet.

Have now received a reply:-

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the tread depth gauge. Due to unprecedented demand, there is delay in getting requests fulfilled.

Regards

Clive Miller. Bridgestone UK

Goes without saying they weren't expecting several motoring forums to spread the word about the freebie.

Glenmorangie Single Malt - Clk Sec
More than 1/3rd off at £19.99 for 70cl at the Co-op. Bought one this morning.

Glenmorangie Single Malt - Dog
Y'all better get down to ALDI on Thursday, some quite delight-ful food & drink inc. my fave cake - Baumkuchen.

www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week46Thursday10.htm?WT.z_src=main

Glenmorangie Single Malt - Clk Sec
Now half price in Morrisons.
:-(

Find the Cheapest Price - Perky Penguin
I haven't tried this myself, yet, but a money saving section of one of the Sunday papers mentioned a site called www.getinvisiblehand.com . Apparently it works in the background while you are searching for items on line and gets you the cheapest price. Example was a Sony TV for £1134 on Amazon which could be bought for £526 from play.com.

Many of you may be aware of the savings that can be made on long train journeys by buying "split" tickets = break your journey into sections? Trust me it is hard work! www.splityourticket.co.uk will do it for you. Bristol to Manchester is £103 but can be done on the same train £40 cheaper with a split journey.

Edit comma in link fixed
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 16 Nov 10 at 10:03

Find the Cheapest Price - RattleandSmoke
I split ticket all the time but it is not as simple as that. For example I paid less than £20 for a single ticket from Manchester to Bristol but I booked it in advanced.

One example of a split ticket though is I left booking the tickets a little bit too late for a journey from Manchester to March in Cambridgeshire. The ticket came to well over £100 and involved:-

Manchester to Leeds
Leeds to Peterbrough
Peterborough to March

In the week it would have been more direct but it was weekend hence the going North to go to South thing. I booked cannot remember the exact prices but I booked them more seperatly and it came to something like

Manchester to Leeds - £6
Leeds to Peter'br - £10
Peter to March £3

Otherwise it was exactly the same journey. Interestly on some routes this dosn't work, it only seems to work if the journey involves different TOCS.

Another example is Manchester to Newquay on the day comes to about £400 but if you split ticket I can do it for £150 but book a few weeks in advance I can do that £400 trip by trip ticketing for less than £30.

Another tip I mentioned on here is don't use the thetrainline.com as they charge you £1 booking fee, if you book from any of the TOCs websites you just pay face value for the tickets.

Find the Cheapest Price - Tooslow
Rats is right. Wife regularly travels to London by train. I don't think she's ever paid the same price twice. If it's a later meeting then she'll buy a ticket from the local station to Crewe then from Crewe to Euston, By the time the train leaves Crewe she's on off peak rates and the fares plummet.

Avoid redsnottyhanky.com (or some such) too. She booked tickets for two trips at one time. Used the first tickets. Second meeting was rescheduled. She can't do anything about the second set of tickets on-line and it's a £1 / minute phone line. Won't make that mistake again.

John

Find the Cheapest Price - Mapmaker
Interesting, Rattle>> " it only seems to work if the journey involves different TOCS."

We have an office in Bristol, and they come up to London to see us - at a grand total of £136 each. Split your ticket suggests four separate tickets make it only £80.

This is the Great Western mainline. And splityourticket suggests there is no need to get off the train.

Is it even necessary for the train to stop at the intermediate stations?

Find the Cheapest Price - RattleandSmoke
Yep if you get cheap tickets you have to get off at that station not earlier. So you would probably need to make sure the train does stop at the said stations otherwise it won't be valid.

For example Manchester to London some go via Crewe some go via Wilmslow. Some stop at Milton Keynes and some don't. So I couldn't split ticket at MK if the train ddin't stop there as the ticket wouldn't be valid.

Of course you don't have to actually get off the train but you do need to make sure the train does stop at said station.

The Manchester to London example is more expensive if you split ticket and Arriva Wales seems to work out exactly the same price.

I think First Great Western is one of the few companies split ticketing has worked.

Find the Cheapest Price - Bromptonaut
The rules on split tickets can be found inthe National Conditions of Carriage
www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/nrcc/

Rule 19 covers the use of combinations of tickets.

Generally the change of tickets has to be at a place where the train stops, but there is an exception where on of the tickets is a season and the other is not. It's enough that the train stops; there's no need to get off.

Usually the advantage occurs because, while the long distance fare is set by an 'inter-city' TOC such as Virgin or Cross-Country, the fares between origin and intermediate stops are set by a local operator.

Sometimes though it depends where you join the train. Fares from Milton Keynes to Virgin destinations are broadly the same as London (pricey!!). Those from Rugby are much cheaper.

Top info Rattle. I have found that East Coast will give you 10% off fares booked on line, even if they are not on their trains/services, ie applicable to S/W trains, Virgin etc!

Find the Cheapest Price - R.P.
www.sarenza.co.uk

Bought a pair of ecco boots from here - listed as being 10quid cheaper than a shop I saw them at - saved another tenner for being a new customer - so 20% off, made them cheap enough to desire and free delivery to er...boot.

PU! I told you to buy Ecco when you bought those Riezler things. And there was a half price sale on at the time so you've been skinned for these! :-)

John

Find the Cheapest Price - Iffy
...PU! I told you to buy Ecco when you bought those Riezler things...

I dunno, some people just can't resist putting the boot in. :)

Find the Cheapest Price - R.P.
I'll have to toe the line in future !

The boots on the other foot now!

(How long can we keep this up?)

John

Find the Cheapest Price - Iffy
...I'll have to toe the line in future !...

Stupid phrase, never use it meself.

Find the Cheapest Price - Clk Sec
>>I'll have to toe the line in future !

or show a clean pair or heels...

All the Italian chains are still doing 2 for £10 or bogofs on their complete menus until the end of this month. Ie Zizzi, ASK, Pza Xprs, Prezzo. I have gone off pizza as I find it impossible to eat one before it gets cold - loads of good spicy pastas on offer for the winter!

Find the Cheapest Price - madf
I wish you would stand on your own feet...

Find the Cheapest Price - Pat
I think the saying is TWO feet but who have you ever known with more than two feet apart from Jake the Peg?

Pat

our cats.

John

Walkers extra crunchy Crisps - VxFan
Large Simply Salted bags (150g I think)

Had to do a double take at the Tesco self service till last night. 20p a bag. On the shelf it said something like £1.57 each, or 2 for £2.

So went back and got another 5 bags. The smell by date isn't until early January. They'll have all been eaten by then

Bargain or what!! 25g bags are something like 45p upwards these days.

The salt & Vinegar were 37p a bag. Not sure how much the Cheddar & Sour Cream and Sweet Chilli Chicken were.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 20 Nov 10 at 20:42

Walkers extra crunchy Crisps - BobbyG
Just been to Morrisons, they have Pringles at £1.99, buy one, get two free.

Works out about 68p a tube, maximum deal 12 per customer.
Bought a load of them and have put by for Christmas.

And if you like Pepsi 2 litres (I don't) they have buy one, get two free on them.

Walkers extra crunchy Crisps - BiggerBadderDave
The other night (after a few beers), I used my meat slicer to slice a potato really thin and even, then fried the pieces and sprinkled them with salt. Tasty, fresh crisps for next to nothing.

Walkers extra crunchy Crisps - Manatee
>> The other night (after a few beers), I used my meat slicer to slice a
>> potato really thin and even, then fried the pieces and sprinkled them with salt. Tasty,
>> fresh crisps for next to nothing.
>>

Reminds me that the biggest cause of house fires in Scotland, allegedly, is putting the chip pan on when pickled and falling asleep - I hope you have a fryer?

Walkers extra crunchy Crisps - BiggerBadderDave
A sober wife fortunately....

Walkers extra crunchy Crisps - BobbyG
Oh don't mention house fires and Scotland to Dave.........

Tescos Mince pies - sherlock47
Went up from £1.50 for 3 boxes (18) on Thursday to £2.50 for 2 boxes today.
Keep your eyes open for the next markdown. (Probably after Xmas!)

Sell by was 27/12 so I should have frozen them.

Light Bulbs - Clk Sec
Available at JS yesterday; 14W low energy light bulbs at 29p each, or three for 30p.

Yes, I know they are often given away free of charge...

Bargain DVD Boxed Sets - Perky Penguin
I bought 9 DVDs of War Films in HMV yesterday for £15. They included Battle of Britain, Patton, Great Escape, a Bridge Too Far and the Longest Day. Having the Great Escape on DVD will save one from having to give up half of Boxing Day to watch it when it is on TV! There were plenty of other bargains too!

Costco cheap grit. & goodies............ - Bigtee
£3.51 a bag at Costco probably the cheapest Grit/Rocksalt about should you have one near you.

But more important the really nice cakes they make & the meat is just truly gorgeous!!

And for your motoring needs plenty of tools, Ladders, oils, batteries (car), Fridges and tv's. plus lots more............

Just like a big kid walking in there as had to renew my card, As it was pay day be rude not to buy some beer for santa & some nice cakes ho and the Rocksalt................

And no i don't work here or any of the faimily but i wish they did.........................

Costco cheap grit. & goodies............ - Old Navy
£3.51 a bag! Our council keeps the grit bins topped up in residential areas, saves them clearing the pavements, and handy for the road before the gritters come round. It snowed last night and a gritter did a pass this morning, and we are not a priority route. Does your council need a kicking?
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sat 27 Nov 10 at 11:29

Costco cheap grit. & goodies............ - Iffy
...probably the cheapest Grit/Rocksalt about should you have one near you...

I visit my local council depot and fill a bag or two for nothing.

The staff there are quite happy for anyone to have a small amount.

At this time of year when the gritters are being filled, there's fresh spillage where they pull in just waiting to be shovelled up.

Handy, because you don't have to go when the depot's open.

Costco cheap grit. & goodies............ - Bellboy
have they knocked the £25 gate fee on the head yet?
dont see the point in paying to shop
really dont

>> have they knocked the £25 gate fee on the head yet?
>> dont see the point in paying to shop
>> really dont
>>
You can save that on a set of Michelins or a Bosch car battery. I agree that not everything is cheaper though, you have to watch them!
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sat 27 Nov 10 at 11:36

Costco cheap grit. & goodies............ - Bellboy
i dont do michelins but if i did i would get them off the hole sailer who delivers 3 times a day past my place
batteries either come from the scrappie or at a pinch from the factor

see

ive saved meself loadsa dosh
:-)

>>>> ive saved meself loadsa dosh
>> :-)
>>

You wouldn't be selling them on to the punters would you?

Costco cheap grit. & goodies............ - Bigtee
have they knocked the £25 gate fee on the head yet?

No still that price for 2x cards.

The council grit what a laugh they do the council estates round here first and stuff the rest, at £3.51 a bag is it worth going out to shovel the stuff i don't think so leave it for the more neady i can buy mine.

>> The council grit what a laugh they do the council estates round here first and
>> stuff the rest,>>

Your council website should have the gritter routes and priorities, (emergency vehicle and bus routes), listed. The road I live on is not on any gritter route but they get round to it as soon as they can. Our council is crap at some things, good at others, I suppose it depends where the funding is going.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sat 27 Nov 10 at 15:13

Costco cheap grit. & goodies............ - madf
Bus route passes our house with another 100 metres in height to go.. So no gritting = no buses.

They grit at 5am...

The Duck & Goose. - Dog
No, not the pub silly - special buys @ ALDI on Thursday ... stuffed Pheasant too :)

Apple Care - R.P.
Aimed at iffy really - don't know whether you're opting for the AppleCare extended warranty on your computer - I bought a package from e-bay from an US seller saving a wedge of cash over the UK retail price. Worked and got it registered on the UK Apple site with no trouble.
Last edited by: Pugugly on Wed 1 Dec 10 at 11:41

The Duck & Goose. - Iffy
...Aimed at iffy really - ....

Never bothered with extended warranties on electrical items in the past.

I thought you'd had your Mac for a while, so is it something you can sign up for some time after purchase?

Paulb is another recent convert so it's something he might like to consider.

Apple Care - R.P.
There is a limited period within the original warranty that you have to sign up in - I got an e-mail - it was eye-wateringly expensive - the E-Bay deal was a no-brainer if you want to go the extended warranty route...I'll find the "shop" detail from my e-bay history.

Member ID coastal_computing

That was the name of the dealer - the cost was 60.00 which was very cheap compared to Apple and covered me to March 2012 (from December last year) The dealer has a good feedback from a huge transaction base. iPhone cover is half the retail cost in the UK..
Last edited by: Pugugly on Wed 1 Dec 10 at 11:43

Apple Care - Iffy
...- I got an e-mail -...

I've been getting one or two emails from Apple.

Don't pay 'em much attention.

Perhaps I should review that policy.

Apple Care - R.P.
It's a risk balancing thing ain't it ? At Apple's UK cost it was worth risking at that e-bay price the balance shifts...

Carplan All Seasons Screenwash - VxFan

Carplan All Seasons Screenwash (5 Litre) Concentrate

£5.99 BOGOF delivered to your door !

www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/ca...2061&0&cc5_701

* For BUY ONE GET ONE FREE - Please Use Promo Code SWOFFER1 At the Checkout!
* This will automatically add a Free 5ltr into your basket

Snow chains anyone? - smokie
www2.westfalia.net/shops/car_accessoires/car_equipment_and_accessories/tyres_and_chains/tyre_chains/713805-pair_of_tyre_chains_kn50.htm?nonid=89ri*NSC9623324&trid=ODlyaad1a6cxNTQ2Nzk1pw..

Cheap Remington shavers. - R.P.
cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290506991331

Cheap Double Air Mattress - Dulwich Estate
Just what you want for surprise overnight visitors. An air bed (double) for £6.50.

tinyurl.com/37qjepd

ttinyurl'd !
Last edited by: Pugugly on Wed 8 Dec 10 at 23:27

Cheap Double Air Mattress - scousehonda
"Just what you want for surprise overnight visitors. An air bed (double) for £6.50"

I've bought a few of these 'emergency beds' over the years and they have been, without exception, absolutely garbage, including ones that have cost 5 or 6 times the advertised cost.

Cheap Double Air Mattress - Ted

I'm the opposite to the Scouser. I have a single bought from Go Outdoors. I use it for camping and it's small enough to go on the bike. A small hairdryer type pump whops it up quickly and it's got a good ' bunging ' system. It's really comfy.

A good buy for me, at least.

Ted

Cheap Double Air Mattress - bathtub tom
>>I use it for camping and it's small enough to go on the bike. A small hairdryer type pump whops it up quickly

You take a hairdryer with you when you go cycling? ;>)

AIRFIX FORD ESCORT MARK 1 £4.50 - smokie
www.hawkin.com/20670-13396-HBSALEGADGET/sale/gadgets-sale/airfix-ford-escort-mark-1

AIRFIX FORD ESCORT MARK 1 £4.50 - CGNorwich
A bargain? Last time I bought an airfix kit it was 1/6

Haynes E Type Jag car kit £3.75 - smokie
www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_106100309899_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Sale&CMP=AFC-ANET-385281

btw despite this and my previous post on this topic I have no interest in model cars...

Nor, come to think of it, do I have any interest in how to cook mince. I have a person who does that for me :-)

Haynes E Type Jag car kit £3.75 - Pat
>> I have a person who does that for me :-) <<

I think I need to be having a word with her, you've been married long enough now for her to have seen the light;)

Pat

Cyba-Lyte Headtorch - madf
Great for close work in dark or running...
www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-Cyba-Lite-Oculus-Led-Headlight/dp/B001GA0FKI/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1294338513&sr=8-7

Autoexpress winner as well.

Nice to wear and strong beam.. l Batteries last 2.5 hours.
Last edited by: Pugugly on Thu 6 Jan 11 at 18:44

Cyba-Lyte Headtorch - R.P.
Thanks for that I was after a new one for my camping trip next month (yes - next month) - even adding postage made it a bargain !

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002JM0JIA/ref=oss_product

I ordered one of these for my tent.
Last edited by: Pugugly on Thu 6 Jan 11 at 18:50

Cyba-Lyte Headtorch - RattleandSmoke
You are mad :). Mind you if you have the right gear it is probably not too bad. The right gear being not a £4.99 B&Q tent I had to sleep in last time I went camping!

Cyba-Lyte Headtorch - Old Navy
>> Great for close work in dark or running...
>>

Don't forget a red bike LED on your back if running or walking on the road, Lights on runners and walkers are lifesavers.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 6 Jan 11 at 18:56

Cyba-Lyte Headtorch - madf
>> >> Great for close work in dark or running...
>> >>
>>
>> Don't forget a red bike LED on your back if running or walking on the
>> road, Lights on runners and walkers are lifesavers.
>>

There is a red LED light on the rear...

When running I wear a fluorescent jacket. Visible 100 metres away on sidelights..

Cyba-Lyte Headtorch - BobbyG
My sister puts one of those LED head torch thingies round her dog's neck when out walking it at night so that she can see where the dog is (its very black).
May well get one for our pup once he gets to that stage.

Cyba-Lyte Headtorch - Zero
As the owner of a dog thats blacker than the ace of spades.......

You can buy a small flashing LED device that clips on the collar ring.

www.doggiesolutions.co.uk/flashing-dog-collar-lead-harness-6522-0.html

BTW, you will be / or have had the dog chipped wont you.

Cyba-Lyte Headtorch - BobbyG
Dog not chipped yet - vet recommended leaving it till end of Jan as, in his words, "the needle is an absolute stonker"

LIDL Antifreeze - Zero
www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg//lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=17067

At last - the famous lidl antifreeze screenwash is available.
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 6 Jan 11 at 20:51

LIDL Antifreeze - Old Navy
>> www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg//lidl_uk/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=17067
>>
>> At last - the famous lidl antifreeze screenwash is available.
>>

Our local LIDL usually has it, unless there has been a rush on it. They had several dozen crates of it last time I was in. And there is about eight liters of it in my garage. :)
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 6 Jan 11 at 20:52

LIDL Antifreeze - Manatee
I see they have the battery chargers, a torque wrench, and headlight bulbs again too. I've used the bulbs - not bad at £3.99 for 2. They claim 20% brighter and I wouldn't argue.

LIDL Antifreeze - RattleandSmoke
Will that torque wrench be any use? It is something I keep meaning to buy but never wanted to spend much as I know it will probably get used only once a year.

That battery charger looks very too small. I havea Halfords once which weighs as much as a car battery, the transformer in is very heavy and it was only £25.00 and that Lidl one looks like cheap crap in comparison.

Might get some of that screenwash, I live on a road full of trees so I get through a full tank every couple of months.

LIDL Antifreeze - Old Navy
>> That battery charger looks very too small. I havea Halfords once which weighs as much
>> as a car battery, the transformer in is very heavy and it was only £25.00
>> and that Lidl one looks like cheap crap in comparison.
>>
Check the spec Ratts, and compare it to a CTEK 3600 charger. Compare the price too.

The torque wrench will be fine for car DIY purposes.

The automatic multi mode battery chargers are a serious bargain - much beloved of, and hoovered up by, motorhomers for their leisure batteries. I have a CTEK and an Aldi one that are a similar size. The LIDL/Aldi ones are popularly supposed to be as good as the CTEKs, which I doubt they are quite, but I have certainly had no problems with the Aldi one which I have left connected to the Land Rover for weeks at a time.
Last edited by: Manatee on Thu 6 Jan 11 at 22:40

So what is the difference between the Lidl one and this?

tinyurl.com/23jgnxx link made smaller to restore page width

And oh great, I now have adverts from Halfords appearing on C4P. All because it knows I have been on Halfords website.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 7 Jan 11 at 01:43

>> So what is the difference between the Lidl one and this?

I described what the CTEK multi mode chargers do here.

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=3944&m=85270&v=e

The Aldi/LIDL ones are generally believed to be similar and they certainly claim to be automatic and suitable for leaving permanently connected.

The specs on the LIDL website and Halfords are a bit thin, but the Halfords charger makes no such claims and does not purport to be fully automatic, so I'd guess it isn't.

If you want the DBs, buy a CTEK. But as I have said, the motorhomers usually clear these LIDL ones out within days, and I have no issues with my Aldi version.

I do use my torque wrench by the way, when I swap my wheels round and to check the caravan wheel bolts before a trip (there are only two and it's rather inconvenient when one falls off).
Last edited by: Manatee on Thu 6 Jan 11 at 23:13

LIDL Antifreeze - Zero

>> I do use my torque wrench by the way, when I swap my wheels round
>> and to check the caravan wheel bolts before a trip (there are only two and
>> it's rather inconvenient when one falls off).

But one less caravan on the road, so thats a bonus.

>> But one less caravan on the road, so thats a bonus.

Only for you curmudgeons. Or do I mean misanthropes?
Last edited by: Manatee on Thu 6 Jan 11 at 23:27

LIDL Antifreeze - Zero
I think you mean comfortable

LIDL Antifreeze - rtj70
>> And oh great, I now have adverts from Halfords appearing on C4P

So I suggest we all block ads until Stephen Khoo explains. This site is checking cookies to decide on ads? I know the site needs funding...

>> >> And oh great, I now have adverts from Halfords appearing on C4P
>>
>> So I suggest we all block ads until Stephen Khoo explains. This site is checking
>> cookies to decide on ads? I know the site needs funding...
>>

More likely the mention of Halfords in the posts?

LIDL Antifreeze - Zero
>> Will that torque wrench be any use? It is something I keep meaning to buy
>> but never wanted to spend much as I know it will probably get used only
>> once a year.

you will never use it.

I will use it there is always the odd reason to need to remove a wheel etc.

It just won't be used often :).

LIDL Antifreeze - Ted
Torque a wheel....you must be keen. Just tighten them until the nuts squeak ( your's or the car's )
I use the Aldi battery charger to keep the bike topped up. I will get another for the old car, although it's a fairly new battery. I started her up today and ran it with a vac hose in the exhaust.......looked like a suicide bid !

Lidl have been selling an excellent magnifying glass with LEDs round the edge. £4.99.
I bought 2. I thought it might be plastic but it's turned satin aluminium. Comes with a zip case, batteries and even an optical cloth. Quality bit of kit.

I, too, have a servant to prepare my mince, hence my lack of posts on the subject.
I did try to get her to post on the proper method but she went to bed instead.

I use my torque spanner every week....if I ever lost it, it would be quite a wrench !

I'll get me coat

Ted

LIDL Antifreeze - bathtub tom
I was taught the correct torque for any fixing was the maximum you could apply with the correct open-ended/ring spanner with two fingers wrapped round it.

I've one of those cheap torque wrenches that consist of a hollow tube for the application of the torque and a wire pointer on a scale that's basically measuring the distortion of the hollow tube. It's served me well, so far!

LIDL Antifreeze - henry k
>>Lidl have been selling an excellent magnifying glass with LEDs round the edge. £4.99.
>>I bought 2. I thought it might be plastic but it's turned satin aluminium.
>>
I bought one a while back and agree it is good with switchable brightness but the battery holder is steel and the complete item loaded with batteries is IMO a bit heavy at 10oz / 30gms.

Latest Forum Posts