Non-motoring > Baking Made Easy Miscellaneous
Thread Author: WillDeBeest Replies: 20

Baking Made Easy - WillDeBeest
Wow! Monday nights will never be the same again.

There may have been some recipes too.
}:---@))
 Baking Made Easy - Chris S
A great improvement on Nigel Slater's Simpleton Suppers.
Slater's all right. In print, he's actually very good and really puts across his understanding of ingredients. Through a couple of his books (Real Food is first class) and a lot of his newspaper articles I've acquired a lot of my basic knowledge and family favourites, and I particularly admire his way with leftovers.

But he's not a natural TV presenter and enthusiasm alone isn't really enough. I have no idea whether Lorraine Pascale's baking ideas are any good - but somehow it doesn't really matter.
 Baking Made Easy - Chris S
Apparently she's a former model who's turned to baking. A bit like a game-keeper turned poacher!
Chuckle. Or even gamekeeper turned astronaut, in terms of the skills transferable from one trade to the other. But then we all have our portfolio careers these days.

Incidentally, Chris, is it just you and me in here? I was hoping Pat might pop in to pour a bit of scorn on us chaps who know a saucepan from a sausage roll, but she's probably outside somewhere doing something scary with a big spanner.
};---)
 Baking Made Easy - Iffy
...incidentally, Chris, is it just you and me in here?...

You've raised a potentially uncomfortable topic, haven't you?

We're not very good or keen on talking about sexual attraction here.

I'm prepared to bet the overwhelming majority of C4P members are white, and Ms Pascale is black, which adds lots more scope for posts to be misunderstood.

People also like to argue, and the other reason you've had few replies is probably because most members agree with you.

I happen to think this lass is quite fit, and I'm sure lots of others do.

I'm also think the same of Nigella Lawson, although it matters not that she cooks.

Baking Made Easy - Pat
When I saw WdeB's post this morning, my first thought was 'Oh no, they're off again being domesticated'

My second thought that although I hadn't seen the programme it must have been baking by a woman with big bazookas:)

Pat
 Baking Made Easy - Alanovich
Perhaps it's just that not many blokes on here watched a programme about baking?

I dind't even know it was on, but I'm going to take a squint on the BBC iPlayer now.
 Baking Made Easy - Pat
There we are, I rest my case!

Pat
Happy to confirm the stereotype.

And my wife's away tonight so I shall be able to watch it without her asking me if I fancy the presenter and why, and how does she compare to me, etc etc.....I'll probably have a look during half time in the football. And there's a few Fursty Ferrets chilling in the fridge for the occasion. Dominos may also get a call.
Just had a wee watch whilst nursing my firsty Fursty Ferret.

Very nice indeed, that soda bread recipe. Amongst other things.

Right, back to the football and curry (which won the battle over Dominos).

Come on you Ipswich, he said hopefully.
Last edited by: Alanović on Wed 12 Jan 11 at 20:15
 Baking Made Easy - Zero
Iffy?

Did I read that right? you trying to throw a Racist element into this? I am keen on a bit of thread drift myself, but that beggars belief!
 Baking Made Easy - Iffy
...Did I read that right? you trying to throw a Racist element into this?...

As I said, plenty of scope for posts to be misunderstood, and you're one of the most likely to do the misunderstanding.

Baking Made Easy - Zero
Not biting.
 Baking Made Easy - Iffy
...Not biting...

Me neither, although I wouldn't mind biting into one of her baps.

Baking Made Easy - Fenlander
>>>bet the overwhelming majority of C4P members are white, and Ms Pascale is black, which adds lots more scope...

Erm that's an entirely different website!

>>>this lass is quite fit... think the same of Nigella Lawson

I'm sorry but that simpering woman has me reaching for the channel change.
 Baking Made Easy - Netsur
I googled her images. She has a lovely smile - much nicer that the scowling sticks who reside on most fashion pages. Unlike those, she looks like she has a personality and who enjoys her food.

Nigella - far too false.
 Baking Made Easy - Iffy
...Nigella - far too false...

Careful, lasses have been known to sue for less...

...sorry, just realised, you meant her looks.

Must remember to have a look at her face next she's on.

Last edited by: Iffy on Wed 12 Jan 11 at 13:48
 Baking Made Easy - Zero
Yes that's the trouble with deciding about coming out or not. The over the top macho heterosexual remarks phase does not last long tho.
 Baking Made Easy - FotheringtonTomas
>> ...incidentally, Chris, is it just you and me in here?...
>>
>> You've raised a potentially uncomfortable topic, haven't you?

What uncomfortable topic is that, then?

>> We're not very good or keen on talking about sexual attraction here.

Sexual relations, or...

>> I'm prepared to bet the overwhelming majority of C4P members are white,
>> and Ms Pascale is black,

race?
 Baking Made Easy - DeeW
Thank you for alerting us to this programme - no big bazookas, Pat, but plenty of personality and good looks plus easy cooking. Have directed several young people who claim they cannot cook to the iplayer this morning.

Female version of Jamie Oliver and wonder if it is the same producer/director as did his earlier programmes.

On comments about a model cooking, the person I know with the heartiest appetite of all - she sat eating treacle tarts whilst I had an apple - was a very successful model both on the catwalk and in advertising.
Latest Forum Posts