Non-motoring > Postal delays to Europe? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Sock Replies: 7

Postal delays to Europe? - Old Sock
I've recently sent an item via Royal Mail's 'small packet international' service (posted 4th Jan) to France, and the recipient is getting a bit uppity because he's not received it yet :-(

I realise there has been 'a lot of weather' recently, plus the Christmas splurge - but has anyone else recently sent something to France (or elsewhere in Europe) with similar problems?

Postal delays to Europe? - Robbie34
I sent cards to France and Germany and they arrived in two days. However, a calendar from Germany took sixteen days to get here.
 Postal delays to Europe? - Ted

We got a Chrimbo card today....posted about 400 yds away !

Ted
 Postal delays to Europe? - R.P.
...posted about 400 yds away !

Was that your nearest post-box Ted ?
 Postal delays to Europe? - Ted

No, Pug....there are 2 closer but it was from 2 elderley sisters and they have a box just near them.
Disgraceful service...I got a B'day card yesterday...2 weeks late and another C'mas card on Monday....posted Much Wenlock, 22/12 !

Ted
 Postal delays to Europe? - R.P.
However, a calendar from Germany took sixteen days to get here.

Had they been marked off for you ? :-)
 Postal delays to Europe? - lancara
NW Spain - normally letters from UK take 2 days - but currently up to 3 weeks - hopefully will improve now the last of the national holidays is out of the way.

Don't ask about magazines normal or current!
 Postal delays to Europe? - hjd
My daughter in Finland is still waiting for a Christmas card posted in the UK on 8 December. They had an article in the Helsinki paper earlier this week saying there were still delays for post coming through central Europe, affecting items posted before Christmas.
Latest Forum Posts