Non-motoring > texting while walking - dangerous Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 17

texting while walking - dangerous - Zero
As well as banning mobile use in cars - :0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXYY_ep5Nh0
 texting while walking - dangerous - TheManWithNoName
Isn't she supposed to be suing the staff who stood round and laughed rather than help her? Only in America.

Serves her right.
Texters who walk with their heads down are a pain in the asperdistra in my town.
 texting while walking - dangerous - BiggerBadderDave
Here she is being interviewed

msalatv.blogspot.com/2011/01/woman-falls-in-fountain-while-texting.html
People like her give humans a bad name :-)
She's with her attorney in the interview who says "We want to see all those responsible brought to account"
So it'll be just her and her attorney appearing will it?
 texting while walking - dangerous - AnotherJohnH
nice demonstration of multi-tasking :)
I can't believe for someone who was acutely embarrassed about the attention, just how much attention she is now attracting by taking it further! If it had been me (unlikely, as I don't text and hardly use my phone) I'd have just squelched home with a red face and chalked it up to experience.
 texting while walking - dangerous - FocalPoint
BBD - your link takes me to a page that is locked unless I complete a "survey" that will not allow me to exit until I have accepted at least one marketing offer. I don't take kindly to this sort of brow-beating and I declined.
"BBD - your link takes me to a page that is locked unless I complete a "survey""

Really? I didn't get that. I couldn't open Zero's link so I just clicked on one nearby which was the link I posted.

She was interviewed for 5 minutes complaining that nobody came to help her and nobody cared about her feelings.
 texting while walking - dangerous - Iffy
...Really? I didn't get that...

I've just got it - premium content area click something or other to enter.

Presumably the site is differentiating between visitors from different countries.

texting while walking - dangerous - Focusless
Didn't get it. Did notice that she was careful to mention she was texting someone from 'her church'.
 texting while walking - dangerous - Focusless
>> Didn't get it.

...but I do if I disable Adblock Plus (pop-up blocker).
 texting while walking - dangerous - nyx2k
same here. needed to do a survey.
 texting while walking - dangerous - SteelSpark
At least something good came out of this. She was able to use the interview to convey the important message that walking without looking where you are going is potentially dangerous.
 texting while walking - dangerous - Dog
These idiots also drive (one of the comments) :(

texting while walking - dangerous - madf
>> These idiots also drive (one of the comments) :(
>>
>>
>>

They also drive Lexus and crash as they do not brake even though they claim to do.. as Toyota's analysis found out...

Darwinism rules.
 texting while walking - dangerous - Armel Coussine
Americans at their silliest... In Trenton, NJ, some 35 years ago, I was walking briskly through a fairly deserted part of town, but in broad daylight, slowly overtaking a middle-aged woman. As I drew nearer she began to accelerate and look tense. The pavement was in poor condition and she tripped over a projecting flagstone or something and fell quite heavily, tearing her stockings and abrading her knee. I rushed up to help her to her feet and found her in a state of stark terror, having feared perhaps that I was a Wicked Man. My exotic accent only made things worse. She was more concerned to pull her skirt down in her recumbent position than to get back on her feet. She didn't thank me for trying to help her up and didn't seem to understand a word I said. Total, but total, idiot.

It's dangerous to do anything else when walking even when you are quite young. In my twenties I walked into a lamp post while looking at the lower regions of a car - can't remember what it was or why I wanted to look under it - and apologised profusely to the lamp post before noticing what it was.
Latest Forum Posts