Non-motoring > An unbelievable fraud Miscellaneous
Thread Author: SteelSpark Replies: 8

An unbelievable fraud - SteelSpark
If this is true, it frankly beggars belief

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/9377875.stm

How did the Army get involved with this? Fine if they don't think that they wanted to use them themselves, but it seems that they were an outright scam.
 An unbelievable fraud - Old Navy
I don't think that either the UK or USA is corruption free.
 An unbelievable fraud - MD
I saw a program about this months and months ago. Outrageous and how it slipped through the net beggars belief. British Army. Lions led by Donkeys.
 An unbelievable fraud - madf
Someone has been supplementing their pension...

It's been called a fraud since 2009..
see
www.randi.org/site/index.php/swift-blog/231-a-direct-specific-challenge-from-james-randi-and-the-jref.html

and here
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1231678/Iraq-spent-85million-useless-bomb-detectors-Britain.html

so the BBC are peddling a story already in the public domain for more than 2 years...

and here'sone likely receiver of money

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8477601.stm

and THIS is fascinating..

www.ministryoftruth.me.uk/2009/11/16/ade651-fraudsters-astroturfing-here/
Last edited by: madf on Thu 27 Jan 11 at 18:38
 An unbelievable fraud - R.P.
I saw the documentary as well - fascinating how so many people got taken in - then it wouldn't be the first time would it !?

Plenty of evidence in recent wars how our troops paid the ultimate price as human guinea pigs with the latest bit of "tech" - Hawker Typhoon and Avro Manchester are two that spring to minds, mind you they were due to crap design rather than fraud.
 An unbelievable fraud - Armel Coussine
That story was on Newsnight this evening. It's a jaw-dropping scandal. I noticed the original trashing of that product also by Newsnight and assumed that would be the end of it.

Of course I was idealising the cartload of disgusting monkeys we are. Corrupt businessmen, corrupt foreign governments and half-witted politicians are everywhere of course. Soldiers and NCOs can be paid or bribed and are allowed to wear uniforms when off duty. Commissioned officer are a bit more expensive but no problem. The real scandal is foreign office and spook types who just want to get their snouts in among the stupid, corrupt and powerful in other countries.

It's so cheap and embarrassing. A national scandal actually.
 An unbelievable fraud - Fursty Ferret
Don't forget this managed to slip past some of the highest levels of our military, which might explain why we're up to our necks in brown effluent out in Afghanistan.
 An unbelievable fraud - J Bonington Jagworth
"£15,000 each"

And they didn't test them first?

I'd like to suggest that the perpetrator is given one to assist his progress through a minefield...
 An unbelievable fraud - J Bonington Jagworth
I remember a cartoon from way back, where a military type was describing a new shiny pointy-shaped piece of kit to the assembled press corps. After much puffery about progress and operational advantages, he revealed the cost, which was a few thousand dollars.

“That seems very reasonable for a missile, General” piped up one of the hacks.

“Oh, it’s not a missile” said the bigwig, “it’s a screw”.

It seemed funny at the time...
Latest Forum Posts