Non-motoring > Something is crushing my stomach Miscellaneous
Thread Author: RattleandSmoke Replies: 129

Something is crushing my stomach - RattleandSmoke
Been having problems getting comfortable for the past few weeks while trying to sleep. It feels like something is crushing on my stomarch. I have just done a 30 mile journey in the car and now even sitting down it feels like something is crushing me. Feels like a pulled muscle rather than anything else. It is not painful but it is very uncomfortable.

Is this a likely to be a pulled muscle or something more serious like a hernia? I really don't want to go to the doctors unless I really have to.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 28 Jan 11 at 01:27
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Bellboy
probably just a broken rib
 Something is crushing my stomarch - MD
I have a spare one.
 Something is crushing my stomarch - madf
Hiatus hernia from lifting a pint?
 Something is crushing my stomarch - njgleeds
Dodgy seating position in the Panda? If you had been a bit quicker, you could have shifted it on for 3.5k...
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Dog
- - - -> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_(film) <- - - -

!!!
 Something is crushing my stomarch - FocalPoint
"I really don't want to go to the doctors unless I really have to." You realise this just reinforces the stereotype about young males? Only go to the doctor when it's too late!

Seriously, I suggest you ask yourself how serious this is. If it's been troubling you for several weeks and is preventing you from getting to sleep, it's worth seeing a doctor. You say it's "very uncomfortable".

There's no way anyone can tell you what this is caused by from what you have put. Get it checked.
An un-relieved problem perchance?
 Something is crushing my stomarch - RattleandSmoke
If it was a cracked rib I think I would be in a lot of pain. It is not really pain it is more severe discomfort. It has got a bit worse since making this thread so I will go tomorrow morning and get it checked out.

Hopefully it just a pulled muscle.

Just wondered if other people have had this. Of course google suggested everything from ternimal cancer to a pulled muscle so that is not really that helpful :).
 Something is crushing my stomarch - madf
>> If it was a cracked rib I think I would be in a lot of
>> pain. It is not really pain it is more severe discomfort. It has got a
>> bit worse since making this thread so I will go tomorrow morning and get it
>> checked out.
>>

I once cracked two ribs. Stabbing pains athe slightest pressure. If you had really cracked a rib, you would know about it.

(I kept running while they healed: after the first 5 minutes the pain subsided.)
 Something is crushing my stomarch - nyx2k
sorry for shouting GO TO THE DOCTOR.

It may be a muscle spasm or a over streched muscle but you dont know because your god at computers but a doctor is good at bodies. use the right professional for the task at hand
 Something is crushing my stomarch - BiggerBadderDave
Sounds like you've mixed your antidepressants with your erectile pills.

Sleep on your back for a couple of days.
Submarine Corps?
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Harleyman
>> Sounds like you've mixed your antidepressants with your erectile pills.
>>
>> Sleep on your back for a couple of days.
>>

And if you wake up on your stomach, BBD's diagnosis was wrong. ;-)
 Something is crushing my stomarch - CGNorwich
Sounds like a rootkit virus to me. Been handling computers lately?
 Something is crushing my stomarch - corax
Ha, if you were expecting any sympathy from this lot, you've come to the wrong forum.
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Runfer D'Hills
Three teaspoons full of Andrews liver salts in a glass of water before going to bed. Leave the window open mind.
Silly post tbh. Go to the DOCTOR Ratts. That is the DOCTOR.
Hoping to go tomorrow morning if they can fit me in, won't know until I turn up as it is first come first serve.

It seems to be lower down which suggests a herina but I only had that done 8 years ago.
 Something is crushing my stomarch - FocalPoint
Ignore this lot - you've made the right decision, as they all know really. We shall look forward to an update from you tomorrow - don't forget. Especially if it's something that will entertain us.
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Iffy
..Silly post tbh. Go to the DOCTOR Ratts...

"Doctor, can you help me?

"I'm addicted to starting threads about myself on C4P.

"And by the way, me tummy hurts."

As I said I will go and see the doctor tomorrow, I just wondered if anybody else had similar things. It seems not. I will go the doctor until then not really worth discussing further :).
Praise be.
 Something is crushing my stomarch - SteelSpark
Probably carbon monoxide poisoning.

Go to the GP...then get British Gas to check your boiler...
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Kevin
Do you have any morning sickness?

Kevin...
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Manatee
>>Been having problems getting comfortable for the past few weeks

If it's been weeks, see the quack. He or she will probably find nowt wrong, and tell you to come back in a fortnight if it's no better, so you might as well start the 'wait period' now.

And try the Andrews anyway.
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Zero
Your a fat git, too much beer.
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Focusless
Definitely go to the doctor, but in the mean time you could see what the NHS website reckons it is:
www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en/CheckSymptoms
NHS direct didn't really have anything. I said crushing chest which isn't really it as my discomfort is lower down. That suggested I am having a heart attack which I am clearly not.

My pulse is normal too.

I still think a pulled muscle or hernia are the most likely things. If the local doctors can't see me tomorrow I will go to a walk in centre.
 Something is crushing my stomarch - henry k
>>If the local doctors can't see me tomorrow I will go to a walk in centre.
>>
From what I have read I expected you at a crawl in centre:
A box of Pontefract cakes might eliminate one possibility. :-)
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Armel Coussine
I got constipated in Venice, Sheikha. But they have a pasta dish there: alio, olio e peperoncini. They put these really hot chilis in and lots of olive oil, and the burnt garlic makes it taste yummy.

That did the trick I can tell you. But you need to be in a hotel with decent plumbing, not easy to find with such a high water table.

Look, it's a fairly comfortable three-day drive, two if you put your clog down but I know you won't.
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Ted

He can get all the ingrediants just 200 yds from the comfort of his own thunderbox, Armel.

My heart attack was discomfort at the start, and in the lower abdomen, not pain.
If the doc can't see you, go to casualty....that's what it's there for.

Ted
 Something is crushing my stomarch - rtj70
Rattle has not even described where the pain is in much detail. I hope he tells the GP more.

Is it on the left/right? Below rib cage level? Does putting pressure on it hurt more. Is it there all the time or only occasionally. Any bruising around the stomach....

Loads of questions and you need to get checked out properly Rattle.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Thu 27 Jan 11 at 23:57
 Something is crushing my stomarch - bathtub tom
Knowing Rattle, probably wind - however............
However could be all sorts... including his body objecting to the alcohol at the weekends.
And be honest with the GP about diet and alcohol intake.
Just taken some sleeping tablets so falling asleep as I type this it just feels like something is constantly pressuring against my stomach. It hurts more if I am lying down flat or if I sit up and lean forward. It feels just below my heart.

I have lifted a very heavy computer I built yesterday and that seems to have made it worse but as I said this has been bothering me for a few weeks it is only today it has been bugging me enough to think there is a problem.

I would be surprised if it was heart trouble but people always joked at university I would have a heart attack before I am 30 because I am always on the edge.

It just feels like something is crushing my stomach but it is not a pain as such. Imagine a few heavy books on resting on your stomach that is what it feels like.

Actually been eating a lot healthier in the last few weeks, gone are loads of crisps and other junk I was eating.

Things I have read suggest it could due to stress and anxiety and that is something I have been suffering a lot from lately. I cannot see how it can possibly be due to stress though.

Hopefully I will find out tomorrow and I am not going to be fopped off either.

Edit to reply to RJ it seems to be across all of my stomach rather than both sides.

PS Just realised I spelt the title wrong,

Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Fri 28 Jan 11 at 00:31
 Something is crushing my stomarch - VxFan
>> PS Just realised I spelt the title wrong,

Abracadabra
 Something is crushing my stomarch - sherlock47
>>eople always joked at university I would have a heart attack before I am 30 because I am always on the edge<<<

The edge? Perhaps they thought that you lived in Alderley not Manchester proper?
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Zero

>> I have lifted a very heavy computer I built yesterday

Unless you have just built a Sun E1000, A Dec PDP or even an IBM 3090 (which with its motor generator set weighed several tons) I doubt it was heavy.
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Stuartli
Apart from the possibility of it being a nymphomaniac please, please follow the repeated advice to see a doctor.

If it is, by any chance, something that needs sorting, then you will have caught it early.

If not, then your night life is even better than drowning pints in some shady night club....
Last edited by: Stuartli on Fri 28 Jan 11 at 00:33
It is a problem but not sure if it something which will just correct itself. Some people seem to think I spend all my time drinking in dives but that is not true only on Saturdays I have put a stop to any other night.

As I have said many of times I am seeing the doctor tomorrow some way or another.

The discomfort has eased a little but when I lie down in sleeping position it is very noticeable. Might watch railway journeys all night until I fall alseep.

Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Fri 28 Jan 11 at 00:37
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Pat
What sleeping tablets?

Who perscribed them?

Pat
 Something is crushing my stomarch - devonite
Have you put the wrong jeans on? - squeezed into a 30" waist instead of a 36?
have you remembered to loosen your belt?
If you`ve been reading a lot of books lately it could be appendix - itis!

Try taking some fresh oil (cod-liver) and loosening your Sump-plug!
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Bigtee
At the start of the year you was joining the gym have you?

Did you do 30 sit ups every day is this your pain?

No you have been munching too much carp and are bloated you just need a right good poo.
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Fursty Ferret
>>
>> you just need a
>> right good poo.
>>

Sound advice, Bigtee.
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Duncan
>> It is a problem but not sure if it something which will just correct itself.
>>.................
>> is very noticeable. Might watch railway journeys all night until I fall alseep.
>>

Four posts back, you said "not worth discussing further"

Discuss
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Old Navy
Your health is the most valuable thing you have, your GP is paid a fortune from your taxes to keep you a fit as is possible. Get yourself to your GP ASAP. Mine has saved my life twice, once when I had abdominal pain.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 28 Jan 11 at 08:52
Got an appointment in an hours time. It is not as bad today so I do think it is a pulled muscle and an 90 minutes of driving in rush hour probably made it worse. Still it is important to get it checked out.

I didn't join the gym but I have been walking a lot more, I now make sure I get 45 minutes of walking done each day.
 Something is crushing my stomarch - WillDeBeest
Then I thought I had hypochondria, but it turned out that was psychosomatic.
Jeremy Hardy
 Something is crushing my stomarch - VxFan
>> I now make sure I get 45 minutes of walking done each day.

To the pie shop and back doesn't count.
 Something is crushing my stomarch - Duncan
>> Got an.........
>> make sure I get 45 minutes of walking done each day.
>>

Yawn. Five posts back - that's five of your posts Rattly - you said "not worth discussing further"

It can't be...

No surely not...

Thatt's impossible...

You aren't by any chance self obsessed are you?

:-|

...Apart from the possibility of it being a nymphomaniac please...

Unlikely.

For Rattle to be a nymphomaniac he would have to be a woman, and he/she would probably be very frustrated one.

dictionary.reference.com/browse/nymphomaniac?db=dictionary
 Something is crushing my stomarch - WillDeBeest
I took that to mean that it was the nymphomaniac doing the crushing. A mental image I could have done without.
...I took that to mean that it was the nymphomaniac doing the crushing...

I didn't, although it looks like I should have done.

Makes a bit of sense now.

Something is crushing my stomarch - Stuartli
>>Makes a bit of sense now.>>

Thank goodness for that...:-)
...Thank goodness for that...:-)...

Actually, it made perfect sense, the problem was old Iffy being a bit slow on the uptake.

Something is crushing my stomach - J Bonington Jagworth
If nothing else, this thread will serve as a fine example to the rest of us not to post here for medical help, let alone sympathy! :-)
 Something is crushing my stomach - Old Navy
>> If nothing else, this thread will serve as a fine example to the rest of
>> us not to post here for medical help, let alone sympathy! :-)
>>

True, Its easy to tell if you are ill, lifting the phone to call 999 should feel like lifting a couple of house bricks. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 28 Jan 11 at 12:56
 Something is crushing my stomach - Clk Sec
>>a fine example to the rest of us not to post here for medical help, let alone sympathy! :-)

You can say that again.

I remember a chap posting about his ailment on the other forum and getting a response from one individual along the lines of 'get a grip, man, what an earth's the matter with you, etc...

Quite cruel I thought. I'll keep my sore ear to myself.
Just got back, the GP reckons it is a strain on the abdominal wall but wants me to go back in two weeks time regardless if it is has gone or not.

Been told not to lift anything heavy which will be a bit of a problem.
 Something is crushing my stomach - Bigtee
Take 2 wks off on sick........Or get your dad to carry it for you. :-)
 Something is crushing my stomach - Fenlander
>>>Been told not to lift anything heavy which will be a bit of a problem.

Gin & tonic for a while then?
 Something is crushing my stomach - madf
Bend your legs, bend your arms, keep your spine vertical.

At least that's what I was taught when weightlifting...
 Something is crushing my stomach - J Bonington Jagworth
"strain on the abdominal wall"

Which means that something has crushed your stomach...

Reminds me of Rory McGrath's visit to the doctor when he had an itchy backside. The doctor diagnosed 'anus pruritis', not realising that, contrary to appearance, McGrath had had a classical education...
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 1 Feb 11 at 00:31
 Something is crushing my stomach - FocalPoint
Well done for going to your GP. He is obviously taking it seriously if he wants you see you again. Make sure you do go, even if you start to feel better. You should not regard this as having been sorted yet.
 Something is crushing my stomach - Bigtee
Tonight go out with your mates and drink 8 pints of larger then at midnight into curry house for a Madras with fried rice and a huge Garlic nan & a plate of poppodoms.

Tommorow you will be fixed and no problems after you have been to the loo.!
 Something is crushing my stomach - Iffy
...no problems after you have been to the loo.!...

Head-first, probably.

Something is crushing my stomach - Bellboy
i suggest a second quack opinion
If there is no doctor on the forum, I think we should have a volunteer who will instigate exploratory suregery...
 Something is crushing my stomach - Tooslow
Is there a Haynes manual?
John
 Something is crushing my stomach - crocks
You could try this one.

tinyurl.com/47mk6g5
He is a she. I have sometimes have the netbook resting on my duvet cover which is probably slightly over my stomarch if something has crushed it then that is probably what it is.

At this stage we don't know for certain was it is, interestly enough I walk perfectly no pain or discomfort at all is when I am sitting down it is a lot worse. Just spent the last two hours doing leaflets and was fine and now sitting down is uncomfortable again.
Crushed by a netbook?

Delete some of the data off the disk, that'll lighten it.

John
 Something is crushing my stomach - MD
>> Crushed by a netbook?
>>
>> Delete some of the data off the disk, that'll lighten it.
>>
>> John
>>

BRILLIANT. Laugh.......................I nearly bought a round!!
 Something is crushing my stomach - AnotherJohnH
>> I have sometimes have the netbook resting on my duvet cover which is probably slightly over
>>my stomarch if something has crushed it then that is probably what it is.

Wireless netbook RF?

Or just poor posture?

Really should sit properly

Reduces all manner of discomfort

You aught to read the initial letters, and chill a bit..
 Something is crushing my stomach - Fursty Ferret
>> Is there a Haynes manual?
>> John
>>

Remember, re-assembly is the reverse of removal.
 Something is crushing my stomach - Zero
>> If there is no doctor on the forum, I think we should have a volunteer
>> who will instigate exploratory suregery...

I'll cut him apart, I can do everything DIY apart from plaster, and he does that every week anyway.
>> >> If there is no doctor on the forum, I think we should have a
>> volunteer
>> >> who will instigate exploratory suregery...
>>
>> I'll cut him apart, I can do everything DIY apart from plaster, and he does
>> that every week anyway.
>>

Can you do heart surgery and massage ? AFter reading your post I had palpitations..
He never mentioned putting back together again. And if he did I bet his sewing is rubbish.
John
As long as he does not leave his scissors inside the intestinal cavity.. ...
 Something is crushing my stomach - R.P.
Guess he would rattle after !
 Something is crushing my stomach - Armel Coussine
The Sheikh needs the attention of a top all-round medic like Old Doc Benway, a character in William Burroughs's best book, The Naked Lunch. Benway is a good old boy, 'one of the finest ol' boys in (C-word) Lick County... performed an emergency appendectomy with a rusty sardine can... 'ever tell you about the time I operated on a uterine tumor with my teeth in the john...'

I recommend that work, but only to pre-post-modernists with strong stomachs and a GSOH. Quite a lot of people who read it, including a few who ought to know better, are disgusted and horrified and don't understand how screamingly funny it is in places. Seems a bit dated now, but that's mainly because it's been so influential in a surreptitious sort of way.

Anyway I don't mind doing this exploratory op if Zero can't make it. My low-mileage, fairly large old orange chainsaw needs a bit of exercise.
AC
If you need a chainsaw for an exploratory op, what do you use for a proper one?
Giant petrol-powered angle grinder, the sort red-blooded bank robbers use.

And one of those huge hydraulic pincers the emergency services use for snipping the roof off your car after a big crash.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Fri 28 Jan 11 at 18:08
The Sheikh should understand of course that even those who revel in bad taste badinage don't really want him to feel (let alone be) ill for a moment longer than necessary.
Thanks AC :).

I am not ill, I actually feel better than I have for a long time health wise it is just so damn uncomfortable. Feels a bit ticklish today.

Something is crushing my stomach - Ted
the emergency services use for snipping the roof
>> off your car after a big crash.

Or, if you just have someone in the back seast complaining of a slightky crickred neck !

Ted
>>
 Something is crushing my stomach - Manatee
I told you you'd have to go back in two weeks!

I don't imagine heavy means PCs? Might be a problem if you were a coalman.
 Something is crushing my stomach - rtj70
>> I don't imagine heavy means PCs? Might be a problem if you were a coalman.

But Rattle thinks it was hit netbook that crushed him ;-) So a PC must be pretty heavy.

I have a couple of PCs in tower format in the house (rarely used) and they are quite heavy to be fair. Lots of drives in them is probably part of the weight.
The one I had to change a PSU on the other day had four hard drives, two optical drives, a 750w PSU, two graphics card, a very heavy case, a full size motherboard, a sound card etc. Would have weighed twice as much as a standard PC.

They are quite difficult to lift too as there is nothing to realy hold onto.

I am not talking about cheap £200 Compaqs here.

>> full size motherboard, a sound card etc. Would have weighed twice as much as a
>> standard PC.

So thats 10, 15 kilos maximum then. Less than my wifes suitcase.
 Something is crushing my stomach - Cliff Pope
This is the voice of experience;

It's indigestion, caused by rushing your meals and not chewing your food properly, not drinking enough water, driving too soon after eating a large meal.

Try a more relaxed lifestyle, and an indigestion tablet.
 Something is crushing my stomach - teabelly
If you've changed your diet and started eating real food then it takes a while for your digestive system to adjust. You've probably got a combination of bloating and a pulled muscle. If pc cases are that heavy then get a trolley to move them around with and pay attention to how you lift things.
I use a strong cotton supermarket back to lift the lower ones. It is less obvious what I am carrying in and out of the car then.

I am hopeless at lifting things always have been.

After Cliff's comment I do think it could be partly indigestion but then why is it a uncomfortable all the time not just after I have eaten?

Something is crushing my stomach - Duncan
Rattly, I think the root of the problem is that you need something in bed with you that isn't a netbook.

That would take your mind off things.

Know what I mean? Know what I mean?
 Something is crushing my stomach - hobby
Drop the punk and he may...

In the meantime Rattle try this:

www.health.com/health/library/mdp/0,,hw206944,00.html

There is no excuse for lifting things incorrectly these days, there's plenty of info online to tell you how, its just laziness if you don't do it properly.
Rattle

How are you feeling today?
gutted
hes shelling out on a battery for mater
 Something is crushing my stomach - BiggerBadderDave
He should kick his folks out.

Won't cure his stomach but it's one less p.i.t.a for him.
 Something is crushing my stomach - VxFan
>> He should kick his folks out. Won't cure his stomach ....

Depends what his mum's cooking is like ;-)
Listen, he has a really heavy battery to lift today, something will go twang.
 Something is crushing my stomach - L'escargot
>> Just got back, the GP reckons it is a strain on the abdominal wall but
>> wants me to go back in two weeks time regardless if it is has gone
>> or not.

I'm surprised he hasn't arranged for you to have an ultrasound scan.
 Something is crushing my stomach - FocalPoint
"I'm surprised he hasn't arranged for you to have an ultrasound scan."

That might happen the next time they meet, in 12 days' time.

Hope he's arranged the appointment - Friday 11th February.
Last edited by: ChrisPeugeot on Mon 31 Jan 11 at 13:36
Situps work wonders for the abs.. as do leg raises..

I do about 400 leg raises a week - makes much of yoga easy,
So does my dog !
 Something is crushing my stomach - BiggerBadderDave
I do about 3 legovers a week. Not an ounce of fat on me.
Last edited by: BiggerBadderDave on Mon 31 Jan 11 at 14:09
So does my dog.
 Something is crushing my stomach - Ted

With your leg ?

Ted
 Something is crushing my stomach - Cliff Pope
On re-reading this thread I revise my previous diagnosis. Whilst it could still be the result of over-feeding by his mother fussing that he eats a proper breakfast cooked in lard and has 3 helpings of jam roly-poly pudding and custard at supper, it could be nothing more than an alien trying to get out.
Been a lot better today, I can still feel something isn't right but it was nothing like as bad it was Thursday night. I think a strain is the most likely thing, I haven't lifted anything heavy other than a home made PC today which must have weighed about 2kg.

I won't be lifting the battery just in case, my dad can do all the that I will just wire it up.
Perhaps a select group from this forum could stomach test Rattly's Mum's cooking? I would be willing to make the trip, if I can get a visa!

While waiting for the cooking process to be completed, some of uf could stare at Rattly's Dad's Fiesta and make sympathetic noises.

I could be the Northern Area C4Play get together!
>> While waiting for the cooking process to be completed, some of uf could stare at
>> Rattly's Dad's Fiesta and make sympathetic noises.

I do a really good sharp intake of breath, accompanied by a meaningful slow shake of the head.

Martin the yokel builder probably does it better tho.
>> sharp intake of breath, accompanied by a meaningful slow shake of the head.

That's a GIRL'S expression of doubt and disapproval.

The real thing is an Afro-Caribbean prolonged, juicy tooth-suck, accompanied by a sidelong stare
whose underlying nuance can express anything from stark terror to absolute moral scorn.

I've never been able to do a good one myself, owing in youth to crooked teeth and more recently to false ones. But my youngest daughter, now over 30, learned to do it well from classmates at Holland Park comprehensive, where she went for a year. She does a charming, ladylike, abbreviated one. I am so envious of modern youth who got orthodontic treatment as a matter of course. In my day gnashers were regarded as a luxury for people over 25.
>> >> I've never been able to do a good one myself,
>>

There should also be a period when the eyes are closed, whilst still looking toward the victim, signifying "I can't even bear to look at you, your poor, pathetic thing"
 Something is crushing my stomach - Old Navy
>> Martin the yokel builder >>

Whats with all this yokel stuff zero, have you gone all Metroman with a handbag?
An update to all this, been too busy to go to back to the doctor but will do next week. Cliff was right, it is indigestion which is causing the stomarch feeling however I also have a problem higher up which seems to be my ribs and this is what is causing the discomfort at night.

My indisgestion seems to be caused when I am busy because I am rushing around like a mad parrot all day.
 Something is crushing my stomach - Mapmaker
Thought it might be, sorry I thought I'd posted it on this thread, but clearly not.

Go to Boots and buy a packet of ranitidine (buy their own brand) for a couple of pounds. One of those (and possibly a second one an hour later) and it will all go away hopefully for a month or two. In terms of where you feel it, indigestion can be a bit strange - that's why it's called heartburn in another guise. Nothing to do with the heart, it just feels as though that's where it is. Bet that's what your rib problem is too.

Keep off the beer and the fatty foods. Claret and proper cooking the way forward. Lying down can make heartburn worse, hence feeling higher up at night.
Last edited by: Mapmaker on Thu 17 Feb 11 at 17:54
 Something is crushing my stomach - John H
>> Go to Boots and buy a packet of ranitidine (buy their own brand) for a
>> couple of pounds. One of those (and possibly a second one an hour later) and

But Doctor Mapmaker, didn't he tell you he takes sleeping pills?
Oh yes, Rattle, before taking ranitidine make sure your doctor or pharmacist knows if you are pregnant, trying for a baby or breast-feeding.
 Something is crushing my stomach - CGNorwich
Ranitidine's main side effects are confusion and depression,
 Something is crushing my stomach - Stuartli
>> Ranitidine's main side effects are confusion and depression>>

That's also the result of owning a Fiat Panda isn't it? So he won't notice...:-)
Last edited by: Stuartli on Thu 17 Feb 11 at 18:49
Have you undone your belt a notch?
 Something is crushing my stomach - Cpt. Flack
I can't believe this pointless thread is still going.
Your life Ratty is not at stake. You should have been seeking proper medical attention, not attention on here. Maybe the Mods can start a hypochondria section so Rats can post to his hearts content over the slightest sniffle.
We ALL suffer with our own medical or physical problems, but we don't all come on here for sympathy. Rats, I'm not interested anymore. Move on.
Last edited by: Cpt. Flack on Thu 17 Feb 11 at 19:02
 Something is crushing my stomach - Dog
>>Your life Ratty is not at stake<<

What makes you so sure? ... if a thread doesn't interest you - then don't read it.
 Something is crushing my stomach - Manatee
I've just read a story in the Telegraph about a chap who blogged about his tummy ache - a surgeon read it and diagnosed a burst appendix. Titter ye not.
 Something is crushing my stomach - CGNorwich
We don't all come on here for sympathy certainly but we do come on here for a bit of entertainment and Rattle's posts are usually that. Keep posting Rattle - the forum would be poorer without you
 Something is crushing my stomach - Clk Sec
>>Keep posting Rattle - the forum would be poorer without you

I'll drink to that.
i wish i had some drink
even the cooking sherry bottle is empty :-(
 Something is crushing my stomach - SteelSpark
Hi Rattle.

To be honest I have not read all of this thread, and I'm not able to focus on it now, but if this is ongoing, you really should speak to your GP.

If you don't want to, why don't you call NHS Direct?

It is probably nothing, but it could be something serious, and you really should get it checked out.

Sorry, if all of this has been said above.
The problem went away or at least felt better a couple of weeks ago but I have been doing a lot of exercise. I have already seen my GP about this problm but I just have not had time since.

The problem has been on and off since before Christmas. I will see the GP again on Monday :).
Latest Forum Posts