Non-motoring > Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 23

Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 - L'escargot
Our Freeview recorder shows channel 33 as ITV2+1 but the programmes it gives are ITV1+1.
What's the reason for this?
 Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 - Zero
It moved, you need to retune all your channels.
 Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 - Iffy
ITV1+1 is the last of the ITVs to get a '+1'.

I wonder why?

Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 - AnotherJohnH
It was originally slated to happen last year, but the issue of repeat showings held it back until the lawyers and accountants were happy (AFAIK).

You will find that even so, or perhaps because of, there are some things not repeated.

Some of the material shown is not owned by them and bought for a limited number of showings.
 Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 - Iffy
...the issue of repeat showings held it back...

Thanks, makes sense.

I'd not drawn the distinction between the material on the various ITVs, but I can see some of the stuff on ITV1 might be regarded as premium content.

Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 - Stuartli
>>..but I can see some of the stuff on ITV1 might be regarded as premium content.>>

Presumably the words "some" and "might" sum up such "premium" content admirably...?

..:-)))
I hate these +1 channels. Complete waste of space, literally. They should be canned, and the extra bandwidth used to improve the bitrate and quality of the existing channels.

Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 - Focusless
>> I hate these +1 channels. Complete waste of space, literally.

Useful occasionally when there's too much on to record/watch at the same time.
 Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 - Tooslow
They don't have enough to fill ITV let alone ITV2, 3 and whatever they are up to. Much the same could be said of BBC3 & 4. And as for +1 channels - what's a video recorder for?
John
>> what's a video recorder for?

arguably a thing to store stuff on for a while before you delete it to make room for something else you won't watch..

>> I hate these +1 channels. Complete waste of space, literally. They should be canned,
>> and the extra bandwidth used to improve the bitrate and quality of the existing channels.

That's all money driven.

Anyway, give it a few months and you'll probably be able to wallow in the delights of channel 4 HD on your Humax, and another channel too - depends who's got the money to fill the fouth S2 HD slot.

Its the Zen approach to watching tv. Budhhist monks use prayer wheels to pray on their behalf, I use a video recorder to watch tv for me. Works for me! :-)
John
>>.. give it a few months and you'll probably be able to wallow in the delights of channel 4 HD on your Humax,

Happened yesterday morning.
 Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 - Telb
Actually I find +1 channels useful sometimes. Like when I want to record 2 shows that are being screened at the same time I can do one then the other off the +1 channel.

Am I alone in this?
Yeah, the rest of us have multi tuner PVR's.
>> Yeah, the rest of us have multi tuner PVR's.
>>

Some of us seem to need two of the blessed things - his 'n' hers - even with +1's and other instances (which the Humax Freesat is quite good at finding)

Hence my comment elsewhere about storing stuff for a while, then deleting it to replace with other stuff I may not watch... :)

The second one is freeview BTW.
Last edited by: AnotherJohnH on Mon 31 Jan 11 at 20:07
 Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 - Focusless
>> Actually I find +1 channels useful sometimes. Like when I want to record 2 shows
>> that are being screened at the same time I can do one then the other
>> off the +1 channel.
>>
>> Am I alone in this?

No - even with a multi-tuner PVR we occasionally do the same.
 Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 - Alanovich
I wish they would do -1 channels so I could get to bed earlier.
 Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 - VxFan
>> I wish they would do -1 channels so I could get to bed earlier.

How about a microwave TV? A 1 hr programme watched in 5 mins.
I can watch a 1hr programme in 40 mins. Just FF though the ads. You can cut it further if you FF through "In this week's programme", "coming up later in this week's programme"
John
 Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 - BiggerBadderDave
"How about a microwave TV? A 1 hr programme watched in 5 mins."

That's how I watch Cowboy Builders. A quick look to see the mess it's in then FF to the end result. Miss out the squirmy bits where Melinda Messenger is scrounging goods and services from the local high street traders.
Pouting Melinda Messenger IS the best part.
 Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 - R.P.
So on that basis Dave - you wouldn't give her anything if she banged on your door ?
 Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 - BiggerBadderDave
Perhaps if she sent her mother along instead.
 Freeview channel 33, ITV2+1 - Dulwich Estate
What's with all this recording TV programmes ?

IMHO it's all mainly dross. I can and do go for days watching nothing but a bit of news. BBC4 has few high spots from time to time, but that's pretty much it.

Anything decent is always repeated, repeated and .....er.....repeated.

It's all a bit sad really - we have big screens, we have HD, we have 3D (I've only got the 32" basic screen). There's iPlayer, but the problem is that there is little quality to watch.

Rant over.
Latest Forum Posts