Non-motoring > Genius or lunatic? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 9

Genius or lunatic? - Crankcase
Found this. Can't decide if it's a work of brilliance or the man is utterly bonkers. What do we reckon?

www.soundsurvey.org.uk/index.php/survey/soundmaps/one/145/35/
 Genius or lunatic? - henry k
a couple of samples

Quiet suburban street. Postman's footsteps and sounds of letterbox flaps snapping shut as he delivers letters. A single car drives past, faint birdsong, traffic noise and aircraft drone.

Heathrow.
Deep, powerful sound of aeroplane engines, vehicles pass at junction along Neptune Road, an empty polystyrene cup skitters across the tarmac in the breeze.

Get a life :-(
 Genius or lunatic? - CGNorwich
Get a life :-(

ActuallyI find it quite fascinating - At the risks of being a candidate for pseuds corner, the recording of Southall Broadway is particularly evocative of the place. In a strange way the sounds of the area provoke more of an image in the mind than a picture does. Suppose that's why radio works so well.

Genius or lunatic? - Manatee
As we all know, the pictures are better on the wireless. So in a way it's better than stopping to look at a view. I liked St Bart's church in the city.
 Genius or lunatic? - teabelly
Fascinating. Never been anywhere around London but sound is very evocative. Genius but slightly anally retentive :-)
 Genius or lunatic? - Perky Penguin
Somewhere in between plus it depends one's personal viewpoint and interests. I personally enjoy the shape and structure of objects so I like this

tinyurl.com/6h9fcfu

and this, (not a great example)

tinyurl.com/5rcp57n
 Genius or lunatic? - Fenlander
Tiny bit obsessive but in truth folks who do this type of thing provide amazing resources across the net for the rest of us.

Anyway a more legit activity than wearing lycra and shouting at traffic.
 Genius or lunatic? - Badwolf
>>Genius or lunatic?

Definitely the former, with more than just a tinge of the latter.

What a fascinating website - lovely just to close my eyes and imagine the scene. Most of the clips I listened to seemed to sound summery too. I could almost feel the warmth of the sun on my face :-)
 Genius or lunatic? - Old Navy
I think many of you would be amazed at what can be identified by sound.

Submarine sonar anyone?
 Genius or lunatic? - MD
Smells first and then sounds, bring back more memories than any picture.
Latest Forum Posts