Non-motoring > New keyboard. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 18

New keyboard. - Ted
I'm just posting this to test my new Logitech keyboard I could have typed something in word or publisher but I thought I'd share it with you The mouse is a lot more slippery than the Belkin one so I might need a mat. Strangely enough, all the keys seem to be in the same places as the Belkin keyboard. That's a bonus ! Anyway, seems an ok bit of gear....it might stop 'er moaning now she can find the letters.

Ted
 New keyboard. - Iffy
...it might stop 'er moaning now she can find the letters...

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.
 New keyboard. - Tooslow
Is that true or is it just the Wail making it up again?

John
 New keyboard. - Stuartli
Try a little bit of BluTack on each of the keyboard's support feet.

I have a Logitech as well - it does tend to slide if used more briskly than usual.

Most/many mouse and keyboards are OEM products from the respected Chinese manufacturer A4Tech - you may recognise yours if you look through its products.

www.a4tech.com/

Last edited by: Stuartli on Wed 2 Feb 11 at 15:29
 New keyboard. - WillDeBeest
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Something wrong with your S key, Iffy?
};---)

Very happy Logitech user here.
 New keyboard. - Iffy
... omething wrong with your S key, Iffy?....

Good pot, what houd the phrae be?

Edit: Got it now, wrong tense, should be 'jumps' not jumped.

www.oxforddictionaries.com/page/138
Last edited by: Iffy on Wed 2 Feb 11 at 15:53
 New keyboard. - Armel Coussine
I am told that to prevent development of curvature of the spine I should get a stand to put the screen of this laptop on eye level and then a wireless mouse and keyboard to go with it, instead of crouching over the thing like a malevolent praying mantis.

Apart from the cost, and slightly mimsy elegance, of these accessories, I fear they won't reverse my curvature of the spine though. In youth I moved with a stylish slouch, hands generally in pockets as they often are to this day, and with advancing maturity have developed a head-down verging-on-middle-age shuffle. My late father, whose work had a stressful side, also developed a shoulder stoop. My mother, although small, had an erect, almost military bearing and carried her head high. But posture-wise I am afraid I am a chip off the older block despite lifelong awareness of these two extremes.
 New keyboard. - Ted
The keyboard's fine, it's got rubber feet. It's the mouse that's slippy...plastic floorpan on my kitchen worktop type desk. A mousemat might help. I think I 'ave one somewhere.

Ted
 New keyboard. - Bellboy
i used a sheet of newspaper as a mouse mat for ages until i realised my hands were going black from the print off the iffy page
 New keyboard. - Old Navy
>> But posture-wise I am afraid I am a chip off
>> the older block despite lifelong awareness of these two extremes.
>>

I do not consider walking upright to be extreme. :-)
 New keyboard. - Ted

Mind your knuckles on the concrete, ON.:-)

Ted
 New keyboard. - Armel Coussine
Specially when you're doing the Hornpipe on bandy little legs trained, like your mighty arms and upper torso, by going out on the mainmast yardarm in storms off the Horn in winter in the middle of the night ...

New keyboard. - Tooslow
Don't forget that hernias were common amongst seamen. All that hauling on heavy, wet sails. They'd be even wetter on ON's sub.
John
 New keyboard. - Iffy
...They'd be even wetter on ON's sub...

I'd like to see a sub with sails, that would be a good Daily Mail story.

New keyboard. - madf
The Navy had steam powered subs... They were not a great success...
 New keyboard. - Iffy
...The Navy had steam powered subs... They were not a great success...

Nowhere to let off steam, presumably.

New keyboard. - WillDeBeest
Didn't London have steam-powered Underground trains for a while? But no sails there, either.
 New keyboard. - Ted

Used locos with condensing apparatus, the steam turned back into water and went back into the tank.

Recycling....beat us to it !

Ted
 New keyboard. - Old Navy
It ia obvious you lot don't know a lot about submarines or things maritime. It is possible to sail a submarine using the fin, (or sail as the Americans call it). In fact most ships will respond to the wind. It does help if you are on the surface though. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Wed 2 Feb 11 at 16:19
Latest Forum Posts