Non-motoring > That's some stretch for kids Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 13

That's some stretch for kids - Iffy
Two sisters and their two boyfriends have been locked up for murdering the girls' father.

The oldest of this sorry bunch is 20, and they've each been locked up for longer than they've been alive.

Most people would say they deserve every minute, but in today's liberal climate, 20+ years for teenagers is a hell of a stretch.

The two girls are guilty of murder by virtue of joint enterprise - they struck no blows, but handed the weapon to their boyfriends and generally helped in arranging the killing.

It would have been easy for a judge to hide under the cloak of compassion and go light on the girls.

Hats off to Mr Justice Williams for knowing his public duty and having the courage to carry it out.

And the motive? Money, of course.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1354897/Judas-like-teenage-sisters-murdered-father-locked-total-40-years.html
 That's some stretch for kids - Old Navy
>> >> Hats off to Mr Justice Williams for knowing his public duty and having the courage
>> to carry it out.
>>
Pity there are not more like him.
 That's some stretch for kids - overthehill
The economics of it aren't too goood either I don't know what a year in prison costs but 80 of them will be a lot of money.
Last edited by: overthehill on Tue 8 Feb 11 at 21:38
 That's some stretch for kids - -
I've just looked into the vacant eyes of those killers, chilling doesn't cover it.

That's some stretch for kids - Ted
A tragedy for 6 people. One man dead, 4 young lives ruined by greed and worst of all, a mother who encouraged her own daughters to kill a human being......a crime for which she surely didn't think they would get away with.

She deserves to be detained for the rest of her miserable days, imo.

Ted
 That's some stretch for kids - CGNorwich
Look pretty ordinary to me. And that is surely the most disturbing element of this and similar crimes. They are committed by people you would not look twice at in the street. What makes people capable of doing something like this?
 That's some stretch for kids - Falkirk Bairn
£42,000 per years per prisoner in E&W

Northern Ireland - not an area to be missed o prison costs £91,000 per prisoner per year.
 That's some stretch for kids - Bromptonaut
When I see what others regard as a lenient sentence or 'let off' verdict I'm pretty quick to remind them that the judge/jury heard he whole case and not just the bits the media thought would appeal to the rest of us.

I'm getting slightly the opposite reaction here and wondering what hold the mother had over the daughters; their hold over the lads needs no explanation.
 That's some stretch for kids - Harleyman
Not so many years ago the only stretch would have been their necks.
 That's some stretch for kids - R.P.
It's been well covered locally since it happened. Good coverage by BBC Wales and by the Daily Post (Trinity owned badly written rag) - sends a strong message. There has been another murder locally today. Beginning to worry.
 That's some stretch for kids - SteelSpark
I have nothing but contempt for these people. I am disgusted to read stories where plebs of this kind knock off Securicor vans for £50,000 between 4 of them, or murder somebody for a few grand.

People who think those are worthwhile amounts of money are obviously poor and stupid, and therefore beneath contempt.

I wouldn't cut someone's throat for any less than a million...
 That's some stretch for kids - Ian (Cape Town)
‘Gordon Harding entered the bedroom, either alone or with others. A violent incident followed, in which Tony Robinson was repeatedly stabbed and cut.’
Harding admitted stabbing Mr Robinson, but claimed he was acting in self-defence and had himself been attacked with a kitchen knife.

Yep, I always take a kitchen knife to bed with me....

That's some stretch for kids - MD
>> I wouldn't cut someone's throat for any less than a million...
>>
What a STUPID remark.
 That's some stretch for kids - SteelSpark
>> >> I wouldn't cut someone's throat for any less than a million...
>> >>
>> What a STUPID remark.

Only joking MD :(
Latest Forum Posts