Non-motoring > 'How TV ruined you life' aspirational TV Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 6

'How TV ruined you life' aspirational TV - Focusless
Don't know if anyone has watched any of Charlie Brooker's TV programmes but I like him - generally does sarcastic/ironic/wry/etc. intelligent and funny observations on TV (does a Gaurdian column I believe, but never read it). Dodgy haircut though.

Anyway last night's episode of his current series on BBC2 dealt with 'Aspiration'. It had some excellent and very funny observations on the current fascination with celebrity, the TV-driven aspirations of young kids and similar stuff which is quite often discussed on c4p, and I think it will appeal to many here. Half hour long.

Great bit at about 17 mins where an American teenage girl receives a $67k Lexus as a birthday present from her mum and throws a *big* strop because it's not the right day.

Warning - Charlie swears.

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ylw9d/How_TV_Ruined_Your_Life_Aspiration/
 'How TV ruined you life' aspirational TV - Alanovich
Thanks, Focus. I missed this as I was catching up on other stuff I'd Sky plussed.

I'll take a squint tonight. Top chap, is Charlie B.
Just found out it's repeated BBC4 Saturday 10:55pm.
I'll plus it then. I'll be upside down in a hedge in Edinburgh on Saturday night.

Cheers.
>> I'll plus it then. I'll be upside down in a hedge in Edinburgh on Saturday
>> night.

Beats being upside down in a hedge in Reading, I guess :)

Festival?
Rugby. I'm going to the match with two Welsh mates, who will be utterly merciless after their inevitable victory.

I shall be having plenty of opportunity to observe the recently discussed subject of train manners on the journies to and fro.
 'How TV ruined you life' aspirational TV - teabelly
I got bored with his screenwipe series but this has been very good. Did want to punch that ungrateful brat in the face! Hope her car was given away to someone more deserving.
Latest Forum Posts