Non-motoring > Is my memory failing me !? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 14

Is my memory failing me !? - R.P.
I could have sworn there was a thread on here regarding a question about certification of a house completion - I think that rtj70 asked it and there was a response from me and Espada - it's evaded capture. Am I losing it ? (There was something in it I wanted to check out)
 Is my memory failing me !? - Robin O'Reliant
He posted that on HJ eight years ago.

You need to take it easy PU, you're not getting any younger you know;-)
I thought it may have been on HJ as well but searching that is like........difficult.
 Is my memory failing me !? - Dave_
Is that completion of sale, or completion of construction?

Half an hour of judicious Googling has found this on construction completion certificates, look from 22 Jan 2010 12:28 onwards. The very last days of the old BR I believe...

bit.ly/f2VfO2

EDIT: I tried searching for all of this in the square brackets [ site:www.honestjohn.co.uk "have a question" house certificate ]
Last edited by: Dave_TD {P} on Wed 9 Feb 11 at 23:10
 Is my memory failing me !? - rtj70
I completed on this house in May of last year. I didn't ask 8 years ago. Might not have asked at all.

I wonder what PU thought was in an old thread.
 Is my memory failing me !? - Dave_
This one PU? Titled: Moving house - survey

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=1447&v=f
Thanks Dave for the effort - that was the very one. Found what I wanted in it. I knew I wasn't losing it - in that respect anyway. :-0
 Is my memory failing me !? - rtj70
Where the above question to 8 years ago on HJ comes from I have no idea. This is the first house I have ever bought. With my wife or otherwise. The last house I took over the mortgage on a long time ago (more than 8 years!) and sold it over a year ago.

Hope your sale(s) are going well Rob.
Thanks Rob. They are progressing, both came with firm offers on the same day !!

Both parties are funded - we've secured an offer on what we want. A new build in the middle of Anglesey - with a 1/2 an acre of land. If one buyer fails not fatal to the purchase..so it's looking good.
 Is my memory failing me !? - Iffy
...A new build in the middle of Anglesey...

The middle must be safest part, what with global warming and rising tides.
Bigger than Malta iffy - well away from any coast or floodplain.

Just to explain the problem - this house was built in 1996 - a canter through the very extensive paperwork that is here and I couldn't find a completion certificate - worse than that I found a Solicitor's letter, going back to 1998, asking for it in respect of a mortgage application. Anyway I phoned Building Control - and they searched and couldn't even find the property on their system saying that records from 15 years ago are very sketchy, consequently any search would not bring it up as a potential problem. Seems the records here are better than theirs. Anyway as far as I am concerned now a non-problem. Just one of those minor details that could have caused a hitch.
 Is my memory failing me !? - Robin O'Reliant
>> Where the above question to 8 years ago on HJ comes from I have no
>> idea. This is the first house I have ever bought.
>>
I thought the ;-) might have explained it.
 Is my memory failing me !? - Cliff Pope
>> I thought it may have been on HJ as well but searching that is like........difficult.
>>

That was in the Dreaming. You need completion and to try and get over it.
Possibly/Probably right Cliff. MInd you I was dreaming about wheelie bins on motorbikes with a Kalshnikov across its shoulders last night.
 Is my memory failing me !? - Pat
Don't blame me, I cannot be held reponsible for everything:)

Pat
Latest Forum Posts