Non-motoring > TalkTalk Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 13

TalkTalk - MD
Morning all,

Just got my BT 'phone bill. Not amused. I have heard a few good reports about TalkTalk for broadband and home phone. Is anybody here on one of their packages? Views please and what have you got at what cost.

Tia..................Martin
 TalkTalk - PeteW
Take a look at Virgin. I currently pay £35 per month for - 10mb broadband(which is actually 10mb), free evening/weekend phone calls, XL TV package with V+ harddrive recorder/HDTV.
Should be about £70 but all you do is threaten to leave after a year and they throw all sorts of stuff at you to stay! Overall service reliability and quality is excellent, but like so many other companies these days if you need to speak to someone be prepared to learn a foreign language called I believe 'Indlish'!!
 TalkTalk - MD
>>but like so many other companies these days if you need to speak to someone be prepared to learn a foreign language called I believe 'Indlish'!!
>>
Won't do it for that reason alone, but thanks anyway Pete.

Martin
 TalkTalk - Dog
Give this a whirl shirl ~ www.ispreview.co.uk/review/top10.php
 TalkTalk - -
We have the BT line, but virtually never use the phone except to receive calls.

Get free orange broadband as i have a £30 a month mobile package (should be £35 but i've been with them a long time), which gives me free landline calls, and something like 750 anytime any network minutes and free orange to orange calls to a chosen number (magic numbers), an extra one added every 6 months, so obviouly we use my mobile for everything except 0800 numbers, i'm on the phone handsfree for hours every day and never get anywhere near my usage limit.

You can end up elsewhere in the world if you phone the call centre number, but if you keep trying you'll eventually get the Geordie centre and they without fail are excellent, friendly good humoured and competent just like the very folk who live up that part of the world.
 TalkTalk - Zero
I dont like the way all of the various telecoms companies advertise the cheapness of the deals but always have the "requires line rental at £xx month" in small print.

Tiscali never did that, they were very upfront and the headline price was the whole price.
Talk talk (those thieving cowboys - spits in the dust) use the small print tecnique.
 TalkTalk - kb
"Tiscali never did that, they were very upfront and the headline price was the whole price.
Talk talk (those thieving cowboys - spits in the dust) use the small print tecnique".

But don't Carphone Warehouse own both of the above? Along with the now mainly defunct OneTel.

You can only speak as you find but for any one of a dozen reasons I would go elsewhere. And, yes, I have been there.

AFAIK the better Virgin deals require a cable connection. And equally AFAIK, your local exchange needs to be suitably "enabled" for you to get the cheapest deals. Look at the "SamKnows" website.
 TalkTalk - Zero
But don't Carphone Warehouse own both of the above?

Yes indeed they do, and i am now under the Talk Talk banner, who despite writing me a letter saying nothing would change when they bought out tiscali, have now changed my service. They claimed "you will brought up to the standard of talk talk service" which is talk talk talk for "we will cut your service and increase your price"

My exchange is LLU and I do qualify for the cheapest service. As do the mast majority of exchanges.
 TalkTalk - Robin O'Reliant
Be careful with TalkTalk, you have to receive your phoneline from an exchange that has been "Unbundled"? to get the free broadband. I have had endless rows with them over that in the 2 1/2 years I have been with them. Over the last year I have threatened to leave and they first gave me free broadband for six months and a loyalty discount of 10% on the phone charges. When that stopped I again phoned up for a MAC number and am now on three months free broadband again plus no line rental for that period too, giving me phone and BB for £9.50 a month.

When this ends I will be back to them again. If they don't play ball the Post office are offering a good deal, about £23 for phone and broadband with free off peak calls.
 TalkTalk - Zero
The "post office"? My dear fellow, are you expecting a man in overalls to arrive at your door from a green Morris Minor van with a gold crown on the door and a wooden ladder on the roof!

where were you when buzby was doing his stuff?
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 20 Mar 10 at 12:41
 TalkTalk - Robin O'Reliant
It's 'ere, look -

www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/product1?catId=19100174&mediaId=36600674

Cheaper than I thought too.
 TalkTalk - Zero
Oh yes! so it is!

blimey things come round dont they.
 TalkTalk - swiss tony
Im with Pipex/Talk Talk/Tiscali and wish I wasn't....

IMHO poor back up, not the most reliable BB connection seems to lose connection at least once a month, if I wasn't thinking of moving, Id change ISP to BT.
Why?
2 reasons,
1/ when I lost BB for a week, neither BT or Pipex admit a problem their end, after a week it magically started working again - to this day I have no idea whose fault it was.
If I was with BT it would have been their problem and no argument....

2/ last week I had a phone call from Pipex/Talk Talk/Tiscali - it was a lady who didn't have English as a 1st language, and it showed.
they tried selling me an 'upgrade' to talk talk phone, and BB package, I did listen, but stated I wasn't interested.
I was told they had almost completed the paperwork to sign me up.
I repeated 'I am NOT interested'
'but its a great deal, isnt it!'
'I AM NOT INTERESTED!'
'but its a great deal and we have started signing you up!'
'Well, put that in the bin, and if you don't leave things as they are, expect to lose me, as a customer'
'But its a great deal.......'
I hung up at that point.

I am expecting the letter from BT any day... 'sorry to lose you as a customer' AND if I do, you will hear the explosion!
 TalkTalk - Zero
Yes since Talk Talk took over they have been pestering me with phone calls. I dare not check the web site to see what offers they have as that prompts a call "Hello Its toni from Talk Talk, I see you have been looking at upgrades, have I got a deal for you!"
Latest Forum Posts