Non-motoring > Do cashback sites work? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Iffy Replies: 4

Do cashback sites work? - Iffy
Does anyone have any experience of cashback sites?

While checking out breakdown service prices, I found this one: www.topcashback.co.uk/home

Before I lost the will to carry on, it appeared to me I could buy £100 of AA cover with a promised £50 cashback in about three months.

The money would be paid into my topcashback account, but it can be turned into real money by transferring it to my bank account.

Do you have any cashback site stories, good or bad?

Do cashback sites work? - hobby
I had a recent offer from Swintons along the same basis... Large discount if I took the cashback offer... I would be paying a higher monthly repayment but after 90 days they would give me half the money back... I suppose after so long in a Bank in my previous job I tend to view them with trepidation and ended up with my Bank's offer who matched the lower price...

I was slightly worried that if the company went under in the 90 days I wouldn't get any money back and would be paying twice as much...
 Do cashback sites work? - bathtub tom
I was, unfortunately, drawn in by Swinton's offer.

You had to meet exactly the terms and conditions. I did, although they tried to convince me otherwise.

I immediately received a 'welcome' 'phone call asking why I hadn't bought home disaster cover and asking what would I do if a pipe burst in the middle of the night. Some might find that sort of call intimidating.

They also put me on automatic renewal, something I'd never agree to.

Guess who I won't be renewing with.
 Do cashback sites work? - Clk Sec
Some energy comparison companies are offering £30 cashback, 12 bottles of wine, etc, if you change suppliers via their site. I have no experience of them myself, though.
 Do cashback sites work? - Bromptonaut
>> I immediately received a 'welcome' 'phone call

From a Hemel Hempstead number? Swinton need a smack over their management of that site; far too many silent calls.
Latest Forum Posts