Non-motoring > TalkTalk Mobile Phone Coverage Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 8

TalkTalk Mobile Phone Coverage - Duncan
I have a TalkTalk mobile phone, for a few day the reception at home - I live in Surrey - has been very poor, so much so that the phone bleeps every few seconds as the signal drops out completely and then comes back on again.

I believe TalkTalk uses Vodafone as its carrier (if that's the right word). I have checked on a couple of websites, which say that the Vodafone signal in my home area is 'excellent', wgich it obviously isn't.

The signal strength away from home is good. Any ideas or suggestions please?
 TalkTalk Mobile Phone Coverage - spamcan61
Maybe your mobe has gone a bit deaf, is there any chance of trying a different phone on Voda at home, or your SIM in a different phone?
 TalkTalk Mobile Phone Coverage - Zero
you can buy a vodaphone "femtocell" that plugs into your broadband. It is in effect your own cell.

online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=templateCClamp&pageID=PPP_0161

let me know your postcode, and I will get my son (who works for vodaphone) to check your cell
Last edited by: Zero on Sat 20 Mar 10 at 17:53
Thanks Zero. I have emailed you via the mods with my email address. They have replied to say that they have sent it on, but are not sure about your email - is it a disposable address?
Duncan

Got it - when he gets back from whatever all night joint or girlfriend of the week he is at, I will ask him.

The email address is valid, just a bit wierd ;)
Thanks.

In the meantime I have played around with my other phones, switching sims etc.

The phone shows full signal strength when I insert a Tesco sim, when I put the Talk Mobile sim into the other phone the signal strength is way down, which seems to indicate that it is the Vodafone signal strength which is low.

However when I check the signal strength on the Talk Mobile website it shows 'excellent'. I will post a link if I can.
Yer tis.

www.talkmobile.co.uk/coverage.html
Thats "predicted" coverage - rarely the same as actual. When (if) my son gets back I will get him to check current cell staus - it might be running on reduced power.
Zero, I don't know if your son ever returned, or if he did anything, but my signal strength seems to be back up again now.

Give him a pint on me will you?
Latest Forum Posts