Non-motoring > 250,000 deaths in the next 20 years - due to drink Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Perky Penguin Replies: 12

250,000 deaths in the next 20 years - due to drink - Perky Penguin
It is widely reported today that 250,000 deaths are expected in the next 20 years, directly related to the consumption of alcohol. Without trivialising the impact of these deaths on family and friends left behind, and overlooking a hard core of real alcoholics who cannot control themselves or their lives, it seems that this isn't a totally bad thing.

People mostly have a free choice over whether they drink or not and, if they do they contribute large sums of money for the Government to spend/waste on their projects. Drinkers are also a financial burden on the NHS but probably contribute more than they cost, overall. If they drink enough they will not live long enough to draw their State Pensions for very long and that too will leave the Government with some expenditure curtailed. Same goes for smokers too although I think the results of this are more widely known and acepted than the downside of drinking.

I drink a bit and am unhappy that my taxes have contributed to a plethora of useless IT and military procurement follies, but I don't drink enough to kill myself and I am sorry for those who do.
 250,000 deaths in the next 20 years - due to drink - RattleandSmoke
And I wonder how many deaths in the next 20 years will be caused by junk food?

I know alchohol is nasty stuff and seen the effects it can cause. I don't drink at all during the week but at weekends I like to drink a lot to forget everything. I am cutting down though, a few times been invited out for a meal and then pub for a few drinks afterwards, I sometimes now drive to the meal, have a couple of cokes in the pub and go home early.

Boozing is just too much a major part of the UK society and always has been.
Good point Rattle. Check out the 40 stone 17 year old girl!

tinyurl.com/4ff8jof
 250,000 deaths in the next 20 years - due to drink - BiggerBadderDave
"Check out the 40 stone 17 year old girl!"

I still would, although I'm not sure she'd notice.
 250,000 deaths in the next 20 years - due to drink - Armel Coussine
Shut up and pass the port, Sheikha.

Hic.
 250,000 deaths in the next 20 years - due to drink - Bigtee
So don't drink, don't smoke & no junk food, What a boring life.!!

Do have lots of sex and die on the job. :-)
If Beer is dangerous to your liver what does soft drinks like coca cola do to it?
 250,000 deaths in the next 20 years - due to drink - madf
Coca cola rots your teeth and your brain...
Apart from rotting yout teeth there 12 other bad side effects from drinking cola - the one that keeps me on the 'Normal' ones is this

Despite US FDA approval as a "safe" food additive, aspartame is one of the most dangerous substances added to foods. After you drink an aspartame-sweetened product, aspartame breaks down into its starting components: phenylalanine, aspartic acid, and methanol (that further converts to formaldehyde and formic acid, which are known carcinogens.). There are over 92 different health side effects associated with aspartame consumption.

The reasons for considering not to drink it are here

www.emedexpert.com/tips/soft-drinks.shtml

250,000 deaths in the next 20 years - due to drink - R.P.

Do have lots of sex and die on the job. :-)

According to some rag I was reading yesterday seems like oral sex causes more throat cancer than smoking.
 250,000 deaths in the next 20 years - due to drink - Bellboy
i shine my tuppeny bits up with coke
dorlings.............
This is statistically possible in that more people engage in oral sex, in 2011, than inhale burning vegetable products, allegedly.
Well thinking about it what you eat/drink finds it's way into seaman and the good old girl swallows it then more women should be dieing if this is led to be true. :-)
Latest Forum Posts