Non-motoring > Preparing external stucco walls.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 6

Preparing external stucco walls.... - Ambo
...for repainting. Mine haven't ben painted for over 5 years and there is quite a lot of lichen discolouring. What preparation should I insist on before repainting please? I guess I will have to get the lichen killed off and the whole wire brished, but is there anything else?
 Preparing external stucco walls.... - Mapmaker
Buy Dulux Weathershield fungal wash. Brush it on the wall as per instructions. Leave for 24 hours, and wash it off with plenty of water and a reasonably stiff broom. (I found a stiff broom with a hosepipe taped to the handle so that it flowed into the bristles very effective indeed.)

Then paint.

You don't want to be using a wire brush as it will probably leave you with a grotty rough surface.
 Preparing external stucco walls.... - MD
AND buy either Dulux Weathershield or Crown Stronghold (from a paint merchant) and not B&Q or other sheds. Best investment you can make. Also make sure it is all cleaned down thoroughly as above post. Decorating is 75% preparation.

Regards.........M
 Preparing external stucco walls.... - Ambo
Thanks for hints
 Preparing external stucco walls.... - Mapmaker
Note Martin's point. Paint sold to the DIY sheds is not made to the same spec as paint sold to a proper paint merchant. Brewers if within their zones.
 Preparing external stucco walls.... - CGNorwich
Paint sold to the DIY sheds is not made to the same spec as paint sold to a proper paint merchant.

Any proof of this allegation?
 Preparing external stucco walls.... - MD
Usage. Next question.
Latest Forum Posts