Non-motoring > The bottom end of the feeding chain. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 8

The bottom end of the feeding chain. - Dog
It never ceases to amaze me how low some Humans (if you can call them that) can stoop to.

Perhaps being allowed to own a firearm like in the US of A, isn't such a bad idea after all :(

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/newzealand/8346912/Christchurch-earthquake-home-of-dead-TV-presenter-Donna-Manning-burgled.html
 The bottom end of the feeding chain. - Old Navy
Whoever was responsible had better pray they don't get caught, or at least hope it is the police that get to them first.
>>Whoever was responsible had better pray they don't get caught, or at least hope it is the police that get to them first.<<

Yes indeed Sir! ... they would have dealt with them differently in the 19th century,
I accidently clicked Daily Mail just now instead of Royal Mail :)
and there is an article in there about woman convicts i.e. one woman got 5 years in the slammer for pinching one single solitary rasher of bacon.

Another article in the DM, which I accidental accessed, is about some high faluting wealthy types falsely claiming tens of thousands have ££££ ... has the world (this country) gorn mad!!

The bottom end of the feeding chain. - Perky Penguin
I regret to report that it is not unknown for scroats to check the death and funeral notices in the local papers and then go and burgle the homes of the deceased and use the internet to search for close relatives who are likely to be away from home as well.

In the past, when I used a taxi for a home pickup to get to the airport for a holiday, we used to walk to a nearby road junction, so that taxi driver did not know where we lived and that the house would be empty for a week or two. No aspersion to taxi drivers BTW - this was Liverpool.
 The bottom end of the feeding chain. - Armel Coussine
Naturally burglars prefer houses to be empty when they are burgling them. They don't want to have to fight householders, and the rest of us don't want them to either. To an utter toerag, a natural disaster can provide many opportunities.

Awareness of this fact of course caused quite a few unjustified killings and arrests in New Orleans following Katrina. Anyone black (in particular) walking or sifting through the flooded ruins in some areas was liable to be identified as a looter (or 'insurgent' as the appalling Fox News started calling them) and shot or brutalised by the police or National Guard. It isn't always remembered that the greatest threat to life and limb sometimes can come from the authorities, so-called.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Fri 25 Feb 11 at 14:56
Scroats and utter toerags indeed, but I would refer to them as syphilitic scumbags.

'Things' are a'gonna get worse before they get better Re: unemployment and the economic downturn,

= keep em peeled!
 The bottom end of the feeding chain. - Ian (Cape Town)
>> Awareness of this fact of course caused quite a few unjustified killings and arrests in
>> New Orleans following Katrina. Anyone black (in particular) walking or sifting through the flooded ruins
>> in some areas was liable to be identified as a looter (or 'insurgent' as the
>> appalling Fox News started calling them) and shot or brutalised by the police or National Guard.

Yep. There was a Big stink at the time over near-identical pics of people in chest-deep water - black folk described as 'looters', white folk described as 'salvaging their belongings'...
 The bottom end of the feeding chain. - rtj70
>> In the past, when I used a taxi for a home pickup to get to the airport for a holiday

The first time this crossed my mind was going home from Uni from my house in Chorlton in 1990. But I now suspect the landlord or his children may have a link because we locked all of our stuff in an attic room over Xmas... we got back and got the landlord to unlock it... that night we were burgled. And landlord refused to put the window back in with anything but putty despite what the police said. Someone came back a week later to try to get what they'd missed. We were in though!
 The bottom end of the feeding chain. - MD
My father once advised his only Son with these words, whilst holding up four fingers. He said, "Son, if you have this many friends in your life you will be a rich man". I fear he overestimated, but that's another story.
Latest Forum Posts