Non-motoring > Elf & safety jobsworths. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 13

Elf & safety jobsworths. - Old Navy
T in the park is a big pop concert held over two days near Kinross. It has been held annually in the same location for 14 years with out problems other than traffic and extracting cars from muddy car parks. H&S are now objecting to the location (a disused WW2 airfield) as a pipline from the Forties field runs under the location and on to the Grangemouth refinery. The council have approved the planning application, and the HSE have appealed to the Scottish government. the organisers have confirmed the 2011 launch today and tickets are selling like hot cakes. Hopefully the HSE are going to get a good ignoring.

No mention of the fact that the pipeline also runs under Aberdeen airport and a school!
 Elf & safety jobsworths. - Perky Penguin
Typical. These pipelines run all over/under the country! If you keep your eyes open you will see marker posts in the road verges. They look like 6ft high lamp posts and have a small device on top which looks like a small pitched roof, usually painted in a bright colour to assist heli pilots who fly checkflights along the route. If you stop and look at the posts they usually have a sign on them saying who they belong to and what they are carrying. Just the job for those planning terrorist mischief!

All LHR fuel comes in by pipeline from Southampton (Fawley?) how many schools, hospitals etc must that pipeline pass under?
 Elf & safety jobsworths. - MD
I would remove that post Mods. No offence PP
 Elf & safety jobsworths. - Zero
Why?

Its all in the public domain. A quick google gives you the pipeline map of the uk.
OK. Back to London Pride then. See you there.
 Elf & safety jobsworths. - NortonES2
So far as I can see, it's a small adjunct to the site which is under question. How deep is the pipeline? What activities are the organisers/contractors likely to carry out? There's not enough information in the public domain to know what it is that concerns HSE.
Indeed it is! How else would I know it?
 Elf & safety jobsworths. - Bromptonaut
TBH martin I doubt there's anything there that al-quida couldn't work out for themselves!!

There's one near here, roughly tracking the M1, that carries clay sludge from a pit in the Chilterns to Rugby Cement's premises. Could make a mess on the M/way but not going to burn is it?

If pipeline's secret the route markers would be less evident.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Fri 25 Feb 11 at 20:40
Back to me Beer then......Humphhhhhhhh
 Elf & safety jobsworths. - Ted

Shepheard Neame's Admiral tonight, Martin. Only the one, though....don't want my pipeline leaking in bed!

Ted
 Elf & safety jobsworths. - rtj70
Old Navy mentions an oil pipeline from the Forties field to the oil refineries at Grangemouth. Perky Penguin then mentions gas pipelines being all over the place. Not linked at all. Or was PP not talking about gas pipelines? The LHR route suggests a reference to aviation fuel.

But this is why MD said:

>> I would remove that post Mods. No offence PP
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 25 Feb 11 at 23:40
I was referring to the National, public and private, pipeline system regardless of what it is carrying. I do not suppose that H & S are bothered whether a pipeline is carrying gas, petrol oil or anything risky, they think it is a risk and that is their concern, whether well founded or not. As Z kindly pointed out, I haven't posted anything that isn't widely known or is available to all members of the public who care to search for information in the public domain.
 Elf & safety jobsworths. - Cliff Pope
I was thinking only a few days ago, after observing a village sign that had fallen off, how during the war all road signs were removed for security reasons, in case of enemy landing, or to confuse agents.

Nowadays we publicise useful information on the net - are we really at war with terrorism, or is this the phoney stage?
The link is the word "Pipeline"
Last edited by: Perky Penguin on Sat 26 Feb 11 at 09:21
Latest Forum Posts