Non-motoring > Vodaphone Issues. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 12

Vodaphone Issues. - Zero
You may have issues on Vodaphone today.

Tea leaves have broken into the Basingstoke MTX switch (network backbone) and wrecked the kit. About 4 million numbers affected all the way up and down the M4 corridor from West London to Bristol.
 Vodaphone Issues. - Hard Cheese

I am OK, the phone is active, not affected, then again I am on Vodafone ;-)
 Vodaphone Issues. - Focusless
>> About 4 million numbers affected all the way up and down the M4 corridor from
>> West London to Bristol.

...including Bath
 Vodaphone Issues. - Old Navy
Absolute bliss. :-) Less people shouting at little plastic boxes in public.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Mon 28 Feb 11 at 13:33
 Vodaphone Issues. - movilogo
>> the phone is active

Even if the phone is showing signal available, somone may not be able to reach you!

My wife's Vodafone SIM is showing full signal yet I'm unable to call her (luckily she has another mobile).

Appranently, the database which links subscribers with SIM, is down. So, calls won't reach respective SIMs.
 Vodaphone Issues. - Hard Cheese
In my case I have used the phone today, infact I am posting this from it.
 Vodaphone Issues. - Perky Penguin
No Problems 10 Miles West of Melton Mowbray - a small village called Little Dump on the Nene.
 Vodaphone Issues. - Stuu
No problem here.
 Vodaphone Issues. - Cockle
>> Absolute bliss. :-) Less people shouting at little plastic boxes in public.
>>

Might be less shouting but I'll bet there'll be a lot more cases of people swearing at their little plastic boxes......... :-)
 Vodaphone Issues. - DP
We're about 10 miles from Basingstoke and were affected this morning.

Our two Vodafone mobiles were were behaving slightly differently though. SWMBO's el-cheapo Alcatel showed no signal and "Emergency Calls Only". My BlackBerry showed a reasonable signal strength, but any attempt to call out was met with "Call Failed".

Vodaphone Issues. - Zero
Just been on the BBC south today news. Vodafone claim its now resolved,

Its not.
 Vodaphone Issues. - AshT
I'm on the Vodafone network - I was at home in Weston-super-Mare in the morning, Bristol this afternoon. Phone was ok first thing this morning (about 6), then service became more patchy as the day went on. No service at all from about 10 until 5, when things started working again. Voice service seems to be ok right now, but data coverage is still intermittent.
 Vodaphone Issues. - Zero
Vodafone have been bringing up the Tetra part first (emergency services network) then voice, then data. Data is still patchy.
Latest Forum Posts