Non-motoring > e bay page layout. Legal Questions
Thread Author: Bigtee Replies: 4

e bay page layout. - Bigtee
My e bay page the layout has changed over the last few days,So when i click on something it goes to this stupid different screen layout if this makes sense and it's not quite working correct.

Not sure if im infected with a virus or it's them anybody else got a problem?

e bay page layout. - Focusless
I've been using ebay recently - just sold one item and currently selling another - and I haven't noticed anything unusual. If there have been changes, it hasn't caused me any problems (yet).
 e bay page layout. - madf
Normal here.
And ebay is normal as well.
 e bay page layout. - Fenlander
Not seen any changes over the past couple of weeks... double check it's the correct ebay web address and not some dodgy redirect!
 e bay page layout. - Zero
Ebay (and Autotrader) suffered a malware attack

Copied from the register.

Several highly trafficked UK sites – including the website of the London Stock Exchange – served malware-tainted ads as the result of a breach of security by a third-party firm they shared in common.

Surfers visiting auto-trading site Autotrader.co.uk and the cinema site Myvue.com were also exposed to the attack, which stemmed from a breach at their common ad provider, Unanimis, rather than at any of the three sites themselves. Unconfirmed reports suggest eBay.co.uk was also affected.

The malicious ads made several concealed redirects before dropping surfers on a portal pimping rogue anti-virus (AKA scareware).

Google's malicious website detection tool was among the first security tools to flag up the breach. The security breach at the London Stock Exchange – which was separately be-devilled by system availability problems last week – was brought to wider attention by a blog post by security consultant Paul Mutton on Sunday.

Net security firm Websense confirmed the attack on Monday, saying it had been tracking the progress of the attack over recent days.

"We have been following the exploit domains in this malvertising campaign for quite a while now," said Elad Sharf of Websense Security Labs. "In addition to MyVue.com and Autotrader.com, we've also received reports that ebay.co.uk and londonstockexchange.com were also affected."
Latest Forum Posts