Non-motoring > Giggsy Miscellaneous
Thread Author: boolean Replies: 15

Giggsy - boolean
Love or loathe Manchester United, you've got to take your hats off to him: www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/28/ryan-giggs-interview-guardian
 Giggsy - Perky Penguin
That man is seriously fit; he revealed a few weeks ago that he attributed some of this to doing Pilates exercises. To me the most signifigant statistic, in his illustrious career, is that he has never had a red card! There's a man worthy or respect.
 Giggsy - Dave_
I'm not a football fan, but that made fascinating reading. An incredible career whichever way you look at it.
 Giggsy - Zero
There ae certain footballers for who you can have respect.

Giggsy is one of them. There are a few about.
 Giggsy - Robin O'Reliant
Chipped from the same block that produced Moore and Charlton, a gentleman and an example.
 Giggsy - Iffy
...Chipped from the same block that produced Moore and Charlton...

Moore was not the monk off the pitch Giggs appears to be.

He liked a glass or two and got himself into the occasional scrape.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Moore

The Charltons, from Ashington in Northumberland, had a strained relationship with their mother.

One or both of them refused to attend her funeral.

Giggsy - Robin O'Reliant
Mooro liked a drink but he could handle it and it never got him into any sort of trouble. The 1970 bracelet incident was a scam to try and extract money from him, the same thing had been tried on a Brazillian player the previous year but didn't get anywhere near the publicity.

Bobby Charlton fell out with his mother who didn't like his wife, but no-one can say they have never had personal issues to deal with in their own family. Both players went through their careers without getting involved in the sort of incidents that brought their clubs, country or themselves into disrepute.
 Giggsy - boolean
It's good when such stories make the news - players who make it above the radar on account of their professionalism and skill must get pretty hacked off with their colleagues who make it to the front pages for the wrong reasons. Here's one of my all-time favourite stories: preview.tinyurl.com/4oharv3
 Giggsy - Iffy
...Here's one of my all-time favourite stories...

Niall Quinn really does seem to be on the side of the angels.

He donated around £1m from his benefit game at Sunderland to charity.

A good effort in itself, and it shamed a couple of players from other clubs into doing the same.

Giggsy - helicopter
Yep - Gazza......
 Giggsy - helicopter
That was meant to go under players to respect....
 Giggsy - Iffy
...That was meant to go under players to respect....

I see the tax man's after Gazza.

Looks like he's going to end up piston broke.

Giggsy - Perky Penguin
I can't find the exact quote but Michael Parkinson once wrote that Gazza's main use in life was to act as a dreadful example to young people of the dangers of talking with an empty head!

Harsh or fair?
Last edited by: Perky Penguin on Wed 2 Mar 11 at 11:53
 Giggsy - helicopter
I think dear departed Sir Bobby Robson had Gazza summed up when he called him

' Daft as a brush....'
 Giggsy - Stuartli
Gianfranco Zola was another outstanding footballer role model.
 Giggsy - Alanovich
My recent favourites have been Sylvain Legwinski and Moritz Volz.
Latest Forum Posts