Non-motoring > Picture request of MOTEC Livingston scotland? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bigtee Replies: 10

Picture request of MOTEC Livingston scotland? - Bigtee
I spent two years living here from 1987-89 doing the RTITB trainning course in motor vehicles. 7 week blocks we lived here.

But as a young lad never took a camera and thought no more of it till now.!!!! :-(

So been on google can't find any pictures of as it was then and how it is now, So if anyone is close by could you take me one or two and post them on here please or post a link to a site?

Best days of my life here the learning was ok the drinking beer and womanising was much better & spent many a night at the Nautical college when Motec had over booked and that was much better.!!

Many thanks Tony.
Been told First bus opperate out of here and use it as there training centre? Which would explain it as it had HGV and bus workshops back then i know worked in them.
 Picture request of MOTEC Livingston scotland? - Perky Penguin
I guess it isn't still there in the state that you remember it? Google Streetview may help if you have an adress to check - good luck!
Deans industrial estate.

No i guess it will have changed it had accomodation blocks and swimming pools & restraunts gyms etc, Can't see a bus garage needing these but you never know.! :-)
 Picture request of MOTEC Livingston scotland? - Perky Penguin
which one of these FIRST depots might be the one you want?

First Glasgow currently operates out of seven depots.

* Cumbernauld (Glencryan Road)
* Dumbarton (Birch Road)
* Glasgow (Victoria Road, Larkfield)
* Glasgow (Tollcross Road, Parkhead)
* Glasgow (South Street, Scotstoun)
* Hamilton (Glasgow Road, Blantyre)
* Wishaw (Castlehill Road, Overtown)

Sorry - posted without seeing your latest!
Last edited by: Perky Penguin on Tue 1 Mar 11 at 19:08
 Picture request of MOTEC Livingston scotland? - Skoda
Looks like it's housing now Bigtee

maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=55.907229N,+3.568467W&aq=&sll=55.934587,-3.57399&sspn=0.205,0.616608&ie=UTF8&ll=55.907335,-3.567991&spn=0.006711,0.019269&z=16&layer=c&cbll=55.907335,-3.567991&panoid=CF9FxCxvodS73dMwmZVbbQ&cbp=12,269.04,,0,-1.11

Going by the coordinates listed here --> www.scotlandsplaces.gov.uk/search_item/index.php?service=RCAHMS&id=275635

I'll be in the next town along on Thurs or Fri, could pop by if i can find anything to visit.
 Picture request of MOTEC Livingston scotland? - Runfer D'Hills
Taking a new car to the Calders? Brave man....

:-))
 Picture request of MOTEC Livingston scotland? - Zero
theres a friends reunited link on google.
 Picture request of MOTEC Livingston scotland? - BobbyG
Or picking up new car at nearby Skoda dealer.........

Is this the bus depot on the way down to Deans Ind Estate between the roundabout at M8 and Deans roundabout?
 Picture request of MOTEC Livingston scotland? - Falkirk Bairn
8 years ago Wimpey built on the site - First Bus are on the opposite side of the road 200yds further south - so not same site as the Motec was all these years ago.
8 years ago Wimpey built on the site - First Bus are on the opposite side of the road 200yds further south - so not same site as the Motec was all these years ago.

Back then i didn't have a car but i knew when coming off the motorway it was on the left hand side, And First bus is on the right did the google earth thing earlier.

A housing estate well what an investment a huge plot of land probably the best use for the land.

Thanks Zero yes i found that friends reunited thing earlier & a few on facebook that went there so may find some leads.

It's just one of those memories lingering at the back of the mind and remembering the good and bad times just wish id have took a camera!!

Id like some photo's of on site facilities & a few years ago there was a site with a few shots of the workshops and accomadation blocks but can i find it now can i heck.!! :-)

Thanks for looking guys......................................Tony.
Latest Forum Posts