Non-motoring > Nosy Neighbours Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 10

Nosy Neighbours - Duncan
A nosy neighbour wants - amongst other things - to know how much you bought your house for, how much you sold it for and how much profit you made.

A good source for this information is www.houseprices.co.uk or www.mouseprice.com however neither of these websites show all properties. Why is that?

It seems that if a property is sold to a developer, then the price doesn't appear and in some other cases the price is not listed.

I thought all property sales had to be listed with The Land Registry - is this not so?
 Nosy Neighbours - Roger.
I think the earliest that records are available for public release is 1997.
I find Zoopla better than the two sites mentioned, as there is an option not only to specify the type of property (semi, detached, flat etc.) but also to specify a start date for the search back to that date mentioned.
 Nosy Neighbours - Tooslow
Three houses in our lane exchanged hands last year. One shows in Zoopla, two don't. Two went via estate agents, so far as I know, one via a private approach following a failed auction. As you say Duncan, I thought they all showed.

Oops, just gave away that I was being nosy! :-)

John
 Nosy Neighbours - Dog
Try property bee via Firefox ~ www.property-bee.com/
Firefox? I'm using IE9. There are limits to how much effort I'm willing to put in to satisfy my nosiness. :-)

John
 Nosy Neighbours - Dog
>>There are limits to how much effort I'm willing to put in to satisfy my nosiness<<

Things have moved on - we used to use a glass on the party wall trick when I were a nipper!
 Nosy Neighbours - Iffy
...One shows in Zoopla, two don't...

I've had a similar experience, some transactions appear to show on the property sites, others don't.

No idea why.

Nosy Neighbours - CGNorwich
I think its just that they take a while to be updated - takes at least 6 months I think
 Nosy Neighbours - L'escargot
>> I thought all property sales had to be listed with The Land Registry - is
>> this not so?
>>

The price paid for properties sold since 1st April 2000 is in the title register, which is viewable for a fee of £4.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Fri 4 Mar 11 at 13:12
 Nosy Neighbours - devonite
Mouseprice.com is absolutely "Way-out" going by our street! - how can they value individual identically built homes in a tiny terrace so differently and get them all so wrong, and be allowed to post such rubbish on`t net??
"be allowed to post such rubbish on`t net??"

Who polices the net?

John
Latest Forum Posts