Non-motoring > Another sad story. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 8

Another sad story. - R.P.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12626780

A very sad story of two heroes.
 Another sad story. - sooty123
Here here. An under reported unit the RAVC, do some really good work out in theatre.
 Another sad story. - MD
He Loved that Dog Pug as you do yours and I do mine. They did their time for us in conditions we are thankfully unlikely to experience. Huge respect.

M.
 Another sad story. - Zero
Alas they don't treat their dogs too well at the Defence Animal center in Rutland. The only
time the dogs get anything like a good time is in the unit they are assigned to,
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 4 Mar 11 at 21:55
What makes you say that? Does the RAVC run it?
Although its in the home of the RAVC, it comes under the command, strangely, of the Royal school of Military Engineering.
Why do you say that they aren't well treated?
The kennels were an appalling mess and the RSPCA tried to make inquiries, but had no jurisdiction (the MOD can not be prosecuted, search warrants issued, only the RMP can investigate). They also have a history of "flattening" protection dogs ( basically you break them mentally then rebuild them as you want them)

A friend of mine has several RAC police dog handlers on her books that she has worked with "on the side" - guys who want willing dogs, not just barking biters,

HMP used to get their dogs trained at Melton, but now train them elsewhere.
 Another sad story. - Perky Penguin
When I worked in the Melton Hospital we use to get people down from the Dog School who has been bitten. One was a lady and she was upset because she had been bitten by a dog who had done it once before and that meant it would be taken out of training. I didn't get the impression that meant sent away to live the rest of its life in comfortable retirement somewhere either!
Latest Forum Posts