Non-motoring > cctv recomendations please? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bigtee Replies: 6

cctv recomendations please? - Bigtee
I want a little more security after some scum bag damaged my car with Nitromorce (paint stripper).

So after a system that may record on to a hard drive i do have a dvd recorder, & want colour & external camera.

2x cameras is enough & want to buy from a local place national chain rather than e bay Hong kong incase of a problem.

Seen some on Argos site but reviews not fantastic.

Price £200.00 or there abouts.

So can you fine folks recomend anything & wireless would be better?
 cctv recomendations please? - Bellboy
not keen on wireless as pictures can go fuzzy depending on so many things
hard wired is always best
you should be able to get an sd card based system comfortably for your money
you line the cameras up on your tv viewer to only catch what you want and for the duration etc
this way you only need to view any action if you have a problem
dont go too big on the sd card 4gb tops in my opinion and a good make too
try maplins as a good source of such things,join online to get extra discount vouchers off
 cctv recomendations please? - Bigtee
Off to Maplins in Leeds tomorow there's a B&Q next door so off for a look in there.

Hard wired arrgh drilling holes in walls.:-(
 cctv recomendations please? - Bellboy
look online first before you go in the shop
 cctv recomendations please? - Tooslow
Just buy a long drill bit. I've put aerial cable and wired external lights like that. No prob.

John
 cctv recomendations please? - Woodster
Bigtee, even if you record someone doing damage it doesn't necessarily men that you (or plod) will be able to identify them. Firstly, someone needs to suggest who the offender is, then the images need to be of satisfactory quality for court purposes, assuming your suspect denies the matter. Much cctv is practically useless.
 cctv recomendations please? - teabelly
Get a ycam. They've got built in card slots so you can record straight to card. Reasonable quality too. Available on amazon and they have a decent returns policy and post sales customer service.
Latest Forum Posts