Non-motoring > Polish to get 80% discount off football club Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Injection Doc Replies: 18

Polish to get 80% discount off football club - Injection Doc
Whatever next ! this has been passed by the European Equalities commission !!!

www.express.co.uk/posts/view/234577/80-off-football-tickets-but-only-if-you-re-Polish

So if your Polish you can buy a football club ticket with 80% off but if you English and have been a memeber of the club for years you pay full price !!!!!
whatever is happening to this country ?
 Polish to get 80% discount off football club - Perky Penguin
And another branch of this bloated and inept organisation has just said that sex cannot be taken into account when calculating car insurance premiums. How does that square with ID's situation?
Having two girls that have just started driving it makes my blood boil.

Why do we pay people to think up these organisations in the first place ! they are ruining a small Island that was once a great place to live !
 Polish to get 80% discount off football club - Zero

>> they are ruining a small Island that was once a great place to live !

You could emigrate? You could legally move your family to any part of Europe if you wish?
Even Poland, you would get cheap tickets to Grimsby v Bath.
You a Grimsby Town or Bath supporter who will be affected by this?

Or is it just general outrage?
 Polish to get 80% discount off football club - Alanovich
Oh hell. They've started linking to the Express, too.
Bath Supporter ! and it was in our local paper too
www.thisisbath.co.uk/news/Loach-backs-Bath-City-s-Polish-discount-scheme/article-3324479-detail/article.html
 Polish to get 80% discount off football club - Haywain
Anybody who knows anything about non-league football (which I do) or marketing (which I do) will know that new people have to be constantly attracted to the club. The best way of doing this is by inviting new people; let them in for nothing or a reduced price, show them a good game of football but, most of all, be friendly and make them feel welcome. At worst, you will have made a little on the admission price that you wouldn’t have had in the first place and you will have also sold additional programmes, burgers, chips, beers etc. But, at best, some will have enjoyed themselves, have learned where the ground is – and decide to come back for another game; maybe they would become a regulars. This is how my local non-league club hooked me 10 years ago – I went down as a result of our company sponsoring a few games, but up until that point, I hardly even knew where the football ground was.

Our football club regularly invites one of the local junior school sides and they bring their parents, uncles, aunts, neighbours etc. It helps the atmosphere, they enjoy themselves and, yes, a significant number return. The regulars don’t get upset because they know that these are one-off invitations.

The same ‘sprat to catch a mackerel’ principle is used by sports venues, night clubs, restaurants etc and any ‘group’ of people can be invited – the W.I., a local firm, the parish council, the Muslim brotherhood – anybody. Unfortunately, it appears that Bath decided to invite local Poles (for a one-off) and didn’t explain this to a short-sighted, duffle-headed proportion of its own regulars who hadn’t got the sense to realise what was happening and made a racial issue of it – bad marketing communications!
 Polish to get 80% discount off football club - Stuu
If someone is english and white, it is quite alright to discriminate against them. Positive discrimination is still discrimination, but its acceptable to most, except perhaps those who would like cheap footy tickets :-)
 Polish to get 80% discount off football club - Roger.
If anyone gave me a ticket to watch a football match I would chuck it in the bin.
If it was for a couple of no-hopers such as Bath and Grimsby I'd tear it up first!
well haywain , Im not a duffle coat type and I dont support football at all, in fact I cant stand football due to the over paid misbehaving players at senior level. They are an appalling influence on young people.
The fact that they were Polish has nothing to do with it, its the fact that they are discriminating against others!
The insurance companys have just been taken to the European court against boys being charged more than girls !
The football club should of just offered so many tickets to anyone that wanted to give it a go !
One thing we need to stand up to more than ever is the fact that we are discriminated against more than ever now !
ID

you have absolutely no idea what its like to suffer discrimination. No idea at all.
 Polish to get 80% discount off football club - R.P.
I think it's a non-story - According to what I read they're offering a discount to the local Polish community to help them mingle a bit more, nothing wrong with that.
Actually Zero I do, as i suffered when working in London and I was accused of verbally racially abusing someone ! I was hounded and interviewd at long lenghts by the police and accused of all sorts of things when in fact I was the inocent party ! It then flared up to a full blown threat by the other party who raised a whole gang of people ! In excess of 30 whom came round for a visit carrying fuel and tooled up with battons etc and was looking for a full blown fight. 3 riot vans turned up and once again i was told how I had to sympathise with the other party and how hard life was for them ! after they had made threats to kill me ! then all of a sudden they realised I wasnt the one the gang were after ! ( mistaken identity ) I can assure you when the tables were turned I was up against a wall with no where to turn ! NO action was taken against the gang that turned up to burn me down ! but had i of done the same thing i can assure you I would of been in big doo doo.
Moved from London and never went back !
You do not have societal permission to suffer. Any suffering in reality is null and void. Its called equality.
>> Actually Zero I do, ....

No thats not discrimination, thats being accused of being racist and subsequent threatening behavior.

Discrimination is being refused a job because of what you look like. Discrimination is where a taxi wont pick you up because of your colour. Being refused a table at a restaurant because of what you look like, being shunned by work mates because of your religious beliefs, being turfed out of a pub because you are an inuit redskin. A sign in a hotel that says "No queers or blacks... "

Discrimination is not being offered cut price tickets because you are Polish.

And now I have had an interesting discussion with you, could you check out my query in technical about VW polo coil packs!

;-)
so what is it then when I worked in a London bus garage and was the only white and to put it correctly I was told to eat my dinner on a bus in the car park as i wasnt allowed in the canteen
Its called societal revenge/guilt trip for past wrongs, or positive discrimination as some like to call it.
Atleast you can genuinely say you understand how it feels. Thats a bit crappy, but few people will care because your white and therefore incapable of being affected by any discrimination issues, that is unless your gay.

Latest Forum Posts