Non-motoring > Radcliffe & Maconie - last Radio 2 show tonight Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 18

Radcliffe & Maconie - last Radio 2 show tonight - Focusless
Right - I know this isn't a repeat :) ( www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=5685 )

It's the last Radcliffe & Maconie show on Radio 2 tonight at 8pm. Don't know what form their show will be taking on BBC 6 Music, but I think the R2 show has been excellent.
 Radcliffe & Maconie - last Radio 2 show tonight - Fursty Ferret
An absolute shame.

I don't know who's in charge at Radio 2, but they have a very strange understanding of their listeners' demographic.

Chris Evans, Ken Bruce, Jeremy Vine, Steve Wright (mostly) and Simon Mayo, along with Radcliffe and Maconie are all great presenters.

And then, at the weekend, when presumably the rest of the world dies except for one 78 year old lady and her cat, you get the tripe that's Alan Carr, or The Organist Entertains, or Graham Norton, or Paul O'Grady, or Alan Titchmarch.

Radio 2 is impossible to listen to beyond 7pm or at weekends now (with the exception of Dermot O'Leary and Johnny Walker), and it really gets my goat.
 Radcliffe & Maconie - last Radio 2 show tonight - corax
>> Chris Evans, Ken Bruce, Jeremy Vine, Steve Wright (mostly) and Simon Mayo, along with Radcliffe
>> and Maconie are all great presenters.

Chris Evans, Steve Wright - I want to kill them as soon as I hear their voices.
 Radcliffe & Maconie - last Radio 2 show tonight - Soupytwist
I listened last night and thought that the last Radio2 chain contributor was brilliant, as were the studio guests and last record.

I don't share Alfa Floor's enthusiasm for the other Radio 2 presenters mentioned but for some reason I am starting to warm to the Sixties show on a Saturday morning (pining for the return of Danny Baker to radio 5 more likely).

As luck would have it I'm moving location at work on 1st April to a different floor where having the radio on will be possible so I will get to inflict R&M on my colleagues during the day starting with their very first show for 6 Records!
>> for some reason I am starting to warm to the Sixties show on a Saturday morning

I've never really liked jazz, but I often catch a bit of Jamie Callum's show in the car on Tuesday evening, and find myself listening to it. I think it's because both Jamie and Brian are 'naturals' and know what they are talking about - makes a big difference.

And unlike AF I quite like Graham Norton - naturally funny IMO, although I do miss his predecessor's knowledge of music I relate to.
Last edited by: Focus on Thu 24 Mar 11 at 13:10
 Radcliffe & Maconie - last Radio 2 show tonight - Iffy
...and find myself listening to it...

You'll be listening to the lad's band next.

>> ...and find myself listening to it...
>>
>> You'll be listening to the lad's band next.

If I did, I wouldn't be the only one - they're at number 8 in the 'official' rock/metal chart this week:
www.theofficialcharts.com/rock-charts/

Hard work paying off I think, at last...
...I wouldn't be the only one - they're at number 8 in the 'official' rock/metal chart this week:...

Good stuff.

So does a career in band management await?

I can see you as a sort of Kit Lambert/Peter Grant figure. :)

Last edited by: Iffy on Thu 24 Mar 11 at 14:41
>> So does a career in band management await?

Not for me - think pee-up and brewery - but Mrs F would leap at the chance if offered. Not sure stepson would be too keen though :)
 Radcliffe & Maconie - last Radio 2 show tonight - njgleeds
According to the link, Queen are at number 8!! Just who exactly is your son? Is there something you're not telling us??
 Radcliffe & Maconie - last Radio 2 show tonight - PhilW
Must admit, I'll miss Radcliffe and Maconie - always entertaining on those long evening drives. Best on a Monday following Paul Jones Blues programme which I think is excellent (why has no-one else mentioned it?) Others, Callum, Harding etc I switch off. Bob Harris country is quite good also though I'm not a great country fan - but he's very knowledgable.
Trouble is, the alternative on local staions seems to be "dance music" or "classic club hits" - never danced to them and never heard of them. Jeremy Vine these days, his "experts" often infuriate me, like the eco-mentalist today who said we should all stop using our cars and use bikes!! Maybe if you want to die young in London but highly impractical for those of us who don't live and work in the same (not hilly) city. Vine's emphasis on the fact that the 1p reduction in petrol price would kill off cycling was ridiculous.
Early starts are now ruined by Vanessa Soppy Feltz, but that guy on before her, "the Dark Lord" Alex Lester plays some great music! Worth the early start!!
But, best of the lot - Johnnnie Walker - seems to be able to play his own likes rather than just sticking to the playlist. Wish he "filled in" more often!
As an afterthought - when did the new definition of Rhythm and blues come in - most stations play modern stuff, boring and repetitive - where's Chuck Berry?. (oops, some of his stuff was pretty repetitive!!)
Phil
 Radcliffe & Maconie - last Radio 2 show tonight - Cockle
>> According to the link, Queen are at number 8!! Just who exactly is your son?
>> Is there something you're not telling us??
>>

Think he's referring to the album chart, either that or Focus is an awful lot older than we think!!!
 Radcliffe & Maconie - last Radio 2 show tonight - Runfer D'Hills
I shall miss Radcliffe and Maconie too. A nod of empathy to PhilW...there have been too many occasions when my driving day has begun with Alex Lester and ended with Radcliffe and Maconie...
" my driving day has begun with Alex Lester and ended with Radcliffe and Maconie... "
A man after my own heart Humph - maybe see you on the road one day!!
Black Qashqai, carefully driven, exceptionally good looking George Clooney type at the wheel....

:-))
Some crappy old car transporter (single or with trailer). Very, very old (yes, even older than the real) Michael Caine semi lookalike. I do still have hair and teeth.
;-)
I do love the job though! Sunrise this am was spectacular as was sunset!! And the daffs are out - must be spring!!
Phil
...my driving day has begun with Alex Lester and ended with Radcliffe and Maconie...

I'm more likely to be in bed asleep for both shows.

Ah but you've probably got a proper job...
>> Think he's referring to the album chart, either that or Focus is an awful lot
>> older than we think!!!

Yes - Sylosis aren't in the Queen league yet, but give them time :)
Latest Forum Posts