Non-motoring > Hotel recommendations Oxford City Centre ? Car Deals
Thread Author: bottomlesspit Replies: 13

Hotel recommendations Oxford City Centre ? - bottomlesspit
Can anyone recommend a decent hotel in the centre of Oxford with parking ?
 Hotel recommendations Oxford City Centre ? - Zero
As cars are more or less banned from the centre of oxford, thats going to be a tough call.
 Hotel recommendations Oxford City Centre ? - Alanovich
This ain't far from the centre, about as close as you're going to get with a car. And the facilities in Summertown are excellent. Bus takes a couple of minutes to the city centre proper.

www.lintonlodge.com/

I used to work for a business in Kidlington who used it for visiting suppliers. Never heard a bad word.
 Hotel recommendations Oxford City Centre ? - henry k
Oxford Spires Four Pillars, four star Hotel
The site says just a short riverside walk from the city
It is just half a mile from the centre of Oxford,
oxford-spires-hotel.four-pillars.co.uk/
www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186361-d226319-Reviews-Oxford_Spires_Four_Pillars_Hotel-Oxford_Oxfordshire_England.html
Trip advisor has lots of reviews of Oxford hotels
There is plenty of parking and many buses to and from the centre.
As a frequent visitor I can also say Oxford certainly does not like cars.

The Thornhill park n ride ( on the A40 from London ) is often full and the others are miles away.

Any other info wanted? If SWMBO does not have the answers I can always quiz my daughter who lives very close to the centre.
 Hotel recommendations Oxford City Centre ? - VxFan
>> Oxford Spires Four Pillars, four star Hotel

That's probably going to be the best one, unless you want to rough it at one of the B & B's on the Iffley Rd.

Alternately there are Travelodge, Premiere Inn and Holiday Inn type places at Kassam Stadium, Garsington Rd Cowley (nr the BMW Mini plant), Peartree which are on the outskirts of Oxford.

Or if you really want to go upmarket, there's the Randolph Hotel on Magdalen Street in the town centre. I suspect they also have a car park.
In addition to the famous Randolph Hotel there is also the Old Bank hotel in "the High" which I suspect is quite pricy.
www.oldbank-hotel.co.uk/
 Hotel recommendations Oxford City Centre ? - Mapmaker
Depends on your budget. If you're happy to pay top whack then there's The Randy at about £350 - or the Hotel du Vin. Or sundry Travelodges on the outskirts.

About as car-unfriendly a city as you could imagine.
The secret is go for the real thing ! ( if you like a bit of history)
www.oxfordrooms.co.uk/?gclid=CIvr6Pj78KcCFQoY4QodaQ-Ubg
There are lots of reviews.

www.oxfordrooms.co.uk/popups/photo.aspx?id=4735
This is a very top grade room in a new building (that cost a fortune to build). Stone built and oak everywhere. My son was fortunate to have one like this. There are others not so good so it can be pot luck.

My son sorted out rooms for us and a friend and some college rooms are very good.
In term time, the downside can be a hammering on the door in the wee small hours by a " mate " who is the worse of wear or is there for other reasons :-)

There are, of course, other smaller hotels. One *** we have stayed in is
www.falconoxford.co.uk/
It has a car park but once it is full then it is park on the street and get up early to dodge the wardens.

>>About as car-unfriendly a city as you could imagine.
Spot on! There is a 20 mph on a section of the main road fron London towards the city.
>> There is a 20 mph on a section of the main road from London towards the city.

Most of Oxford is now a 20mph zone.
 Hotel recommendations Oxford City Centre ? - Crankcase
So are swathes of Cambridge, but nobody much adheres to it, or often even anything like it, including, from observation, the police.

Hotel recommendations Oxford City Centre ? - bottomlesspit
Hi All,

Completly forgot about the centre being car free !

Anyway thanks for all the info, Four pillars it is !
 Hotel recommendations Oxford City Centre ? - DP
Can't believe nobody mentioned this:

www.oxfordprison.co.uk

My parents won a night there in a local radio competition. Loved it. It's certainly different.
>>Can't believe nobody mentioned this:
>> www.oxfordprison.co.uk
I have only used the restaurant and it was very very bad. The whole group I was with agreed with my views.
I would not like to risk the part with doors on :-(
>> Can't believe nobody mentioned this:
>>
>> www.oxfordprison.co.uk

They only have porridge on the breakfast menu.
Latest Forum Posts